The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really should watch that, I know, but it'll never be what the meme of him and dinosaurs has created in my head.

Does it involve a woman, and the violence of the octagon? Said in a delightful French Canadian accent?

Invicta 17 was a real good time, my seat was, very good

invic%2B1.jpg

front row, opposite the big (theater size screen) I rarely watched, just behind Shannon Knapp and the ring announcer

invic%2B2.jpg

very happy for Angela "Overkill" Hill to win the StrawWeight belt, very humble and all around great kid, close fight

Last edited:
yeah, corduroy jacket
I am not one for posting pictures of myself, but I wanted to demonstrate what a great venue, The Hangar is, no other place I would rather watch a MMA fight.

Last edited:
That's awesome, Deep. I wish I would have watched it now, I'd forgotten you were going to be there. I was busy when it was on.

That's awesome, Deep. I wish I would have watched it now, I'd forgotten you were going to be there. I was busy when it was on.

check it out on FP, the Angela Hill fight is good, Also the Charmaine Tweet is fun, the main event is ok, Tonya's 'moment of the year' :hmm:

anyways, that venue is the best, went there in January and had second row seats for Cyborg,
got a few pictures with UFC fighters

here is Joanna Jędrzejczyk's TUF number 1 pick, JJ Aldrich, fought last week, got choked out by other number 1 pick, bone cancer girl

invic%2B3.jpg

prettiest Horsewoman

invic%2B4.jpg

Shayna was there, too. They did not clap for Angela

invic%2B5.jpg

Julianna Pena, too sweet, I hope she beats Jessica Eye

invic%2B6.jpg

Herb Dean, I got a picture last time with Big John and Stitch the Cutman

Last edited:
wait, did that guy really suggest the fertitas would buy the raiders because the logo colors are the same as the ufc's and one of their kids plays football?

it's not exactly a new rumor.

Last edited:
WTF WHY ARE DEMIAN MAIA AND MATT BROWN ON TV AND NOT ON THE MAIN CARD TOMORROW. fuck off warlley alves and bryan barberena starting the main card. this card is stacked as all hell and there's a ton of ways they could have configured the bout order that could have still tossed the fight i'm disproportionately most excited about on the entire card (you know, compared to all the normal people who care and probably should care more about things like the heavyweight title or cyborg or whatever) off the main card and onto cable for. but alves and barberena? are you fucking kidding me? and i say this as someone who actually watched alves' season of tuf brazil (it was the chael wanderlei season), and had heard of barberena before his weakass non-choke of northcutt.

this is some serious bullshit. i'm going to have to go to a bar now to watch it. cos i'm not just going to wake up and have cable tomorrow.

Last edited:
Lol, IWB is awesome. Happy b-day.

Definitely going to check that out on Fightpass, Deep. Thanks for the reminder.

Oh damn, Schilling is in Glory tonight, even better.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder about Glory, I totally forgot.

Mofo is awesome, he's been calling me a dirty hippy since I was 19, and I'm 32 now.

I really want to watch more Glory but it's always on when I'm not home :(.

I understand why you're upset, IWB, but it's almost funny that the reason you're upset is because you wouldn't be able to watch the fight, due to it being on TV, when people like Faber purposely headline the prelims, because in general they get you more fan exposure.

I'm excited for the fights today. So excited.

Also, this seems crazy to me: Bellator cuts lightweight champ Will Brooks, strips heavyweight champ Vitaly Minakov | MMAjunkie

Oh I know I'm in a weird minority of people willing to shell out for the ppv that don't have cable. Just like I'm a weird minority as a huge Demian Maia fan.

I understand their reason for doing it, but to strip two of their title holders at the same time just seems like a bad PR move.

ah. yeah this is a good fight. but more importantly, who's ready to be sad about lil nog! :|

Lil Nog! He's the best. He got robbed against Shogun and I was ready for him to get revenge tonight.

I think Cummins lost almost the same way as last time, too. Where the ref had to step in, even though he was still standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom