The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to marry Yair. My goodness. He's my favorite up and comer, I think.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

I have been so hyped for that fight. Delivered in a way I never expected.

I like Fili a lot, but how do you not enjoy Rodriguez's ninja shit?

I didn't even know what happened live, suddenly he was knocked out. Awesome in slow mo.

I thought it was actually a flying knee at first. Was very fast.

Since they're hyping the next ppv, can I just say how stupidly psyched I am for the Demian Maia Matt Brown fight? There's so many fights on that card that are going to be talked about non-stop, but I care way more about that one than Jacare and Vitor.

Definitely has to be the best Brazil card evar.

For sure. It's crazy stacked.

Speaking of Jacare's jiu jitsu though, you know who beat him in the gi? Demian Maia. (Like a million years ago and for all I know they had another match or several that went the other way. I just wanted to say that)

How DJ donkey kicked him off when he was on the bottom was crazy, don't think I've ever seen that.

what the hell happened to deep? i just realized he's been gone all new threat.

As it stands, my five favorite fighters: Arlovski, Evans, Barboza, RDA, Dillashaw

My P4P probably switched between DJ and JBJ tonight, as well. He's a monster, Mighty Mouse is.

Hmmmm. Top five favorite to watch currently active fighters would probably have to be Cowboy, Demian Maia, Mighty Mouse, and um. See, this is tough. I don't know how to go about making such lists. Do I say Mark Hunt because I like the walk off? Or JBJ because one of the best ever. Throw the word current in there so I can feel better about leaving guys like Frank Mir, Big Nog, GSP--you know, the should probably retire, already retired, and semi-retired. I like watching Frankie Edgar fight, but calling him a favorite seems like a stretch. I do love a Robbie Lawler fight. And none of these are in any particular order of course either.

:shrug: I like mma.

Yeah, I struggled to pick a fifth as well, :lol:. That's also why I mentioned P4P, because I don't love DJ or JBJ, but I respect the hell out of them. The five I really like are more emotional picks, that's how I differentiate.

I almost HAVE to go with active, because I don't know enough about old fighters, but Evans is someone definitely in that should probably retire category.

P4P is silly though. It's like ok which champ do you think is the best? Mighty Mouse still gets screwed on those "lists" by people who try to argue quality of competition. And it's really subjective.

Not to say considering the champ in any given division doesn't have a fair amount of subjectivity to it too, since we all know mma math is even less of a science than probability. But that's why you keep having fights.

You know what's funny is I just saw yet another article yesterday where Rockhold was talking about how he thinks it's unfair AKA gets a reputation for their guys being injured all the time. I get that they have probably more well-known old and/or chronically broken dudes than most, but it's hard to not buy into that reputation when they keep pulling out of fights.

Has anyone seen the GSP dinosaur show on History yet? I keep meaning to try to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom