The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think fan voting is fine. Sure there are some suspect choices, but pitchers and back-ups get chosen by the managers which usually is a good thing. The one player from every team may be one to get rid of.

The Mets had their rookies wear dresses for the trip to Boston. OF Lastings Milledge wore a leather skirt and a feather boa. RHP Alay Soler wore a plaid skirt and pigtails. Both posed and danced for the cameras. ``I'm hot,'' Milledge joked

Numb1075 said:
Hewson, so who's this Lester kid? he's got good #s so far.
Part of the rotation of the future.
For all the Sox have now, the future looks brighter than the present, at leats pitching wise with Lester, papelbon, Delcarmen and Hansen amongst some of the best young pitching prospects (Papelbon no longer rates as a prospect I suppose) in all of baseball. Anibel Sanchez who thre 5 2/3 shutout innings at Yankee Stadium for the Marlins Sunday night was traded in the Beckett deal cause he had the least potential of the group.

Lester is lefty who can hit about 94, has good control, and is showing a good command already.
Tonight's matchup of "Wicked" Lester (lets see who gets that reference) and "Cirque Du" Soler is a very good rookie pitching matchup, could be 2 of baseball's better pitchers in a few years.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

slllllllllllllllllow down.

Why? Every other team and their fans can talk smack and ridicule and mock the Mets, it's about time that we can give a little back to them. This Mets team is real good. If they sucked, I wouldn't make such comments.

But you expect them to sweep a series at Fenway against a team on a 9 game winning streak facing Jon "Wicked" Lester, Josh "Samuel" Beckett and Curt "how many pennies in a " Schilling?
Tall order even with a rotation of Alay "Cirque Du" Soler, Pedro "Mango Tree" Martinez and Tom "Linda" Glavine.

No, I do not expect a sweep. But it would be great for us Met fans if we could.

Although, I'd put the odds at about 5 to 1.

Hewson said:
I'd say 50-50. Either they do or they don't.

Finally someone who agrees with me. I always wake up with about of nervous energy because I know That when I go outside the odds of getting attacked by a Tiger are 50-50......Yet I continue to gamble. I have some big "Cajones".:wink:

Numb1075 said:
No, I do not expect a sweep. But it would be great for us Met fans if we could.

Although, I'd put the odds at about 5 to 1.

At those odds, I will happily take you up on that wager, on the side of the Red Sox.

i've been waiting for this series for 5 years... from the day i set foot at college for the first time in new hampshire. pumped does not describe it.

a sweep? win the series? no expectations... yes, i want them to win the series, but frankly... just put up a good showing and i'll be happy. let everyone in the AL know that this team is for real. that's all i want.

ok... what i just heard is probably the #1 reason why i started disliking red sox fans in the first place.

delgado hits a homer, wright steps up to the plate... and what do you hear in the distance? "yankees suck, yankees suck"

there are just sooooo many new englanders who fail to realize that met fans hate the yankees, too. drove me crazy.

Yeah, but they do that with everyone. It's more of a gimmick now than anything else.

And we certainly don't mind the Mets, except for 1986. Nice hand the fans gave Pedro. If he were in pinstripes, he wouldn't have gotten that...:wink:

I see Milledge needs to work on his defense...

Fantasy Question for you guys....

Im thinking of trading Pujols.....Ive been offered this.

Teixeria, B. Roberts, T. Hoffman, M. Holliday

FOR

A. Pujols, A. Benitez, M. Giles, G. Giambi

Im leading my league in HRS, RBIS, but last in BA and 2BS, I think this could help

Numb, Headache.......lil Help?

It amazes me that people still run on Manny with such reckless abandon.
A. He has a decent throwing arm, he's not Mary Damon
2. At Fenway, he's gonna be shallow compared to most parks cause of the wall
Thirdly. If memory serves he led the AL in outfield assists last season

Soup Nazi to Numb1075:
No sweep for you!

And Wright has successfully begun his quest for an 0 for 12 at Fenway, though the walk hurt, cause he'll need an 0 for 5 one of the next 2 nights now...I'm sure he can do it though.

well, there goes my sweep dream. it's ok. Kudos to the Sawx.

manny acta should be fired. why send reyes when you can keep him at 3rd, have bases loaded and 1 out?:coocoo:

reyes was out by a country mile. when i saw the replays, I thought reyes would be on the DL for the year. The camera shots of Omar Minaya were classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom