The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that us Met fans are cautiously optimisitc.

We see lots of fight in these Mets just like we did in that 86 team.

After several years of getting our arses handed to us, we have a right to be happy and gloat a little bit that we are doing so well. And if your team was 9.5 games up over second place, you might be a little cocky as well.

in order for the Mets to completely collapse - Pedro, Glavine, Soler, and El Duque would have to be in a car accident that has them plunging off the Whitestone bridge and for the Phillies to acquire Schilling, Beckett, and Halladay.

4 Mets pitchers killed in freak blender accident
AP New York, New York:
New York Mets starting pitchers Pedro Martinez, Tom Glavine, CirqueDu Soler and Orlando "El Dookie" Hernandez were all killed late Sunday night when a blender used to make mango martinis from Martinez' favorite mango tree in the Dominican Republic exploded, smothering the 4 in searing mango juice.
Bartender and martini mixer Nelson de la Rosa escaped injury when the flying mango juice sailed over his head.
The Mets have released a statement saying they will dedicate this season to the memory of the fallen 4 and will use erstwhile closer Billy Wagner as starter for each of the team's remaining 94 games.
In a related NL East note, the Philadelhpi Phillies, in a 6 team swap have acquired Dontrelle Willis, Roy Halladay, Brandon Arroyo, Carlos Zambrano and the still warm corpse of Pedro Martinez in exchange for high definition DVD copies of Mike Schmidt crying like a baby when announcing his retirement from baseball many years ago.
The Marlins, Blue Jays, Reds, Cubs and Mets all feel they got the better of the deal.

well, we'll just have to bring up Pelfrey and add him w/ Trachsel, Darren Oliver, Maine, and Bannister.

and still win the division by a game.

Speaking of the Cubs. . . Michael Barrett begins serving his 10 game suspension tonight.

Things are not looking good for the Cubs and Dusty Baker. There is something like an $80 million difference btwn the Cub and Marlin payrolls. The Marlins have the better record. :|

Dusty was quoted in the Chicago Sun Times today saying "I just want my team back someday soon." :| I'd say he's given up already. What an awful thing to say.

co NL players of the week this past week

21994288.jpg

WildHoneyAlways said:
Well, the Sock scored 20 runs tonight. What the hell happened to Mulder? :huh:
His sister was abducted by aliens so he can't concentrate on pitching, especially with Scully prancing around the office nekkid.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
does anyone else want to start the ozzie guillen is a fucking douchebag thread or should i?

in fact, based on his recent comments, i think i'll start the thread in FYM instead.

the man is the biggest piece of shit in all of basbeall

give me a fucking break. yes, he's a douchebag but no he's not the biggest piece of shit in baseball.

Wagner really scares me. 2 pitches.....fast ball inside, slider inside.

If you guess right and get the fastball, you have a shot. He was real wild last night. That was a give away.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
does anyone else want to start the ozzie guillen is a fucking douchebag thread or should i?

in fact, based on his recent comments, i think i'll start the thread in FYM instead.

the man is the biggest piece of shit in all of basbeall

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom