The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
figure he gets 5 starts a month roughly....

that's about $700,000 per start

If he goes 7 innings per start: that's $100,000 per inning.

roughly 15 pitches per inning: $6,666.66 per pitch:lmao:

phanan said:
And it's official now.

Well Gee now the breath I have been holding can be released. Seems all a little strange to me...well-good for Roger I guess.

seriously, how many no decisions will Pedro get this season? He hasn't won a game in MAY ! It's like Clemens from last season (almost), fantastic ERA and no run support and tons of NDs.

And sad enough about Clemens is that if I were the Phils I would have paid more than that to have him for the rest of the year.

Lieber
Myers*
Lidle
Floyd
Hamels*

Madson
Geary
Fultz
Franklin
Cormier
Rhodes*
Gordon*

*-Pitcher who can actually pitch at a major league level

Need I say more?

while cole hamels certainly looked like he had great stuff before getting injury, we are talking about a guy with 2 career starts. so i wouldn't be so quick with the asterisk there...

and i wouldn't be so quick to sell lieber down the river, either... yea, he's struggled so far this year, but he did win 17 games last year.

oh, and tom gordon blows. he may look good now, but rest assured... he blows. his arm will be shot by august... much like what's happened every where else he's been.

ahhh what a familiar site on the mound at shea stadium this afternoon...

baseball-pitcher.armando.benitez.jpg

pujols is on the 15 day DL, but could be out up to 6 weeks...

frankly the cardinals should sit him as long as humanly possible... you never wanna play around with a back injury. considering how he is the franchise, i'm sure they want to get him back as soon as possible, but they have to think about his long term health over the short-term benefit.

Especially when it comes to those damn oblique muscles. Supposedly they are a real bitch to deal with. I remember Pedro having it a few years back, and it took a long time for him to completely recover.

apparently he's lucky that it was on the right side and not the left, because of the torque used when swinging or some shit like that. :shrug:

back problems linger... often they feel like they're healed,k you come back too early because of this, and you reinjure it, sometimes worse.

try to hold down the fort as long as you can... cincinatti isn't that good... houston's 7 games back. you can go without him for a month or so. i'd hate to see them rush him back to try to keep their division lead and have it lead to permanent damage to his back. i want to see what this man can do over a full career

what do you folks (especially Headache and TheBrush) think about the firestorm around the Lastings Milledge high fives to the crowd after his game tying HR yesterday?

Yes, he's breaking unwritten (& archaic) baseball rules about not showing up your oppenents but, it was great for the fans, it was some new energy that the Shea crowd hasn't seen in a very long time.
There certainly was no passion under the Art Howe regime.

I don't think it was as bad as the Giants and the Media made it out to be. He is not a Happy Gilmore in the making. But I like the attitude. I mean if Barry can stand and watch a homerun for 8-10 seconds, Milledge can do this (No Im not comparing Milledge to Barry, I just mean the "hot dog" qualities. and it wasin between plays and it was a very big homerun and you get caught up in the moment. Certainly not the end of the world..........That would apparently be tomorrow:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom