The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
two men enter

PM_curl.jpg

65703879_855bd7e072_m.jpg

1 man leaves....

I'm not sure if the Pedro tribute today was airing just on NESN or on the screen at Fenway...but I was definitel weirded out by seeing a montage of Pedro highlights set to "You Must Love Me" from the Evita soundtrack.

Ron Darling and I went to the same high school, that's my claim to fame

Perhaps a "who's your daddy" chant would be appropriate? :wink:

Hewson said:
Or Wright going 0 for 12 with 13 K's. :wink:
0 for 7 so far (stupid walk)...needs an 0 for 5 against Schilling tonight, very unlikely...he'll probably only get 4 AB's.
0 for 11 ain't too shabby though.

For this series and this series only, I agree w/ Headache, the Sawx are my daddies. They have a real strong club and put the Metropolitans in their place.

here's to hoping they can salvage 1 game.

Schilling:no:

After tonight, the Red Sox go on a lengthy road trip, including a stop in Chicago. It will be interesting to see if they can sustain this away from Fenway.

And despite winning 11 in a row, the Yankees are still only 3.5 games back. Scary.

think of poor minesota who has won like 14 of 15 or something ridiculous and only moved a half game closer in the standings. The AL Central has become a 3 team monster....And Selig wanted Minesota retracted a few years back.

As long as interleague play continues, the standings will be fairly stagnant in all divisons. The AL teams will all rack up wins while the sisters of the poor in the NL rack up losses, the spreads between 1st and 2nd etc will not change.

good point.

It would really suck for the Yanks if the Mets get swept by the Sawx and then the Mets sweep the Yanks.:yikes:

That would be a double kick to the nads.

Last edited:
Numb1075 said:

It would really suck for the Yanks if the Mets get swept by the Sawx and then the Mets sweep the Yanks.:yikes:

You're really on a Mets sweep someone kick these days, eh?
I'd love to see the Mets sweep the Yanks, but seeing as they'll be playing them in Yankee Stadium and with Pedro and Glavine performing as cheerleaders only, I'd look for the Mets to be on the business end of any broom that pops up in NYC this weekend.

we'll see. if we get swept in Boston, i'd think we could win 1 or 2 in the bronx. the mets are too good of a team to get swept in 2 consecutive series. i don't think they've been swept in a series yet this year.

Wow, I am really pleasantly surprised by the Sox this year. My expectations were no where near being 20 games over .500 at the end of June - definitely not complaining though. It's really nice to see them use defense to help them win for once :up:

Textbook manufactured go ahead run in the 7th, something the Red Sox haven't done since 1954.
Speed is a great weapon.

And what a friggin' catch by Crisp.

Did you see that last night? Phillies pitching didn't give up a run. I can't remember the last time it happened. We've lost like 15 of 19 or something shitty like that. Ryan Madson - wow. Something so completely away from ordinary...a sign of change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom