The MLB '09 Thread: Predictions, Opening Day and all that crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: That's awesome.

I should have figured the M's couldn't sweep both the As AND the Angels in their opening series. Oh well. 7-3 is a good start ... especially for these guys.

Haven't been feelin' it with the Angels; I just don't think this team is deep enough to be as competitive as they've been in recent years. And now it turns out Vlad will be out at least 6 weeks with a torn pec.

Haven't been feelin' it with the Angels; I just don't think this team is deep enough to be as competitive as they've been in recent years. And now it turns out Vlad will be out at least 6 weeks with a torn pec.

Ouch. That hurts. I always hate to see a great player go down, even if he's on a rival team.

It's been an interesting start for the AL West, but I gotta believe that the Angels are still going to win the division in the end, especially after they get some guys back.

Really? Wow, small world. Any of them ever get to catch a game in the Safeco box?

No. They would get like 20 free tickets for one game of the seasons though.... They live in Eastern Washington, though, so it's a trip for them. There were probably more perks like that for the Safeco offices in Western Washington. But yeah, now they're a part of... your company. :wink:

I pulled the trigger on the extra innings TV package this year and I'm loving it. I get to watch the Sox of course (coming back from 7-0 down, impressive), then I flipped over to the Twins in time to see Jason Kubel cap off a comeback from 9-4 down with a grand slam that completed his cycle. How cool is that?

Almost made up for the Flyers losing. Almost. :(

I know! I just turned on the game and am awfully sorry I didn't see the first four innings. I'll keep watching for the inevitable game recap at the 7th inning stretch or wherever they do it, just to see how exactly 16 runs in 4 inning happened.

Is this smiley appropriate? :corn:

Even when it's my team getting whaled on like that, there's something entertaining about watching one team have batting practice against the other. Maybe I'm just insane.

ARAMIS :up:

Couple of great come-from-behind late wins for the Cubbies. Two games they certainly did not deserve to win, though, I must say.

I'm gonna laugh pretty hard if Pavano beats the Yanks today.

I heard on Sportscenter the other day that the Yankees were never 2 games below the .500 mark in the old Yankee stadium. Does anyone know if that was in any season or in their overall record. It be pretty damn impressive if they never fell 2 games below in any season.

Farnsworth blows another game for the KC Royals.

Probably should have signed

250px-Futurama_ep48.jpg

instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom