The MLB '09 Thread: Predictions, Opening Day and all that crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gloating about a sweep over the Yankees just isn't the same without NSW. :sad:

The ESPN shot of Ellsbury stealing home was great. Pettitte's throwing a pitch, and you see all the fans behind home plate standing, pointing, and yelling...and then Ells zooms into the picture & scores. Cool clip.

The look on Youk's face after that Lopez error...I wasn't sure if he wanted to laugh, cry, puke, or punch somebody in the nuts. Probably all of the above.

I think St Louis hangs, especially if Carpenter returns healthy.
Seattle happens to play in a division that could be won with 36 wins or so considering the Angies' injury status, so who knows, they need to only go 23-117 the rest of the way.

Florida is not staying atop the NL East.

I've not seen many Angels games in full, but just looking at the stats...Fuentes, Arredondo and Speier don't look like they've been doing that terribly.

Scot Shields, though, appears to have a gigantic fork protruding from his back.

Yeah, if you look at Fuentes and 'Dondo in particular, the numbers don't look so bad. But the problem has been mostly in middle relief with guys like Kevin Jepsen (who was recently DL'd) and Daniel Davidson (who I hadn't even heard of before last week and who was sent down after a short stay) getting the call.

It's not just games where we're leading or tied in the middle-to-late innings. Last week we were down 3-5 to Seattle in the 5th. 2 innings of Bulger and Davidson put us down 3-9. It's that sort of thing. We've got like 2 reliable guys and a whole slew of fire-starters.

Still digging this seasons quite a bit so far. :up:

even though Carlos Silva's kind of an oaf who forgot how to throw an effective sinker

You wouldn't believe how many people around these parts call that dude "The Riot" instead of pronouncing his name correctly. Please don't tell me you do that.

And he already has a homer and a triple in today's game, in the 2nd inning.

Man, watching that Derrek Lee grand slam from a seat at Wrigley would have been so nice.

Funny how a somewhat lackluster Cubs team looks like it might take 3 of 4 from a team that started out so great.

I'm enjoying this whole "beating the Yankees" thing...took a bit of the sting out of the Celts game at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom