The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack In The Box

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
well, Mars Volta second album (Frances The Mute) has been leaked in early december... but until yesterday I had only heard The Widow (now, radio single)

now I've heard the whole thing, I'm confused, De-Loused In The Comatorium was great but a little pretentious... I enjoy it a lot of course, this new album is double pretentious... "Cassandra Gemini" is more than 30 mintunes long! it has just 5 songs, and The Widow is the best song :|

maybe I need listen it more, wait up until the release and all that...

opinions, anyone?

I've tried a couple times to get into them, I just cant. I do like most all of their songs I've heard, but I think I'm just wishing for them to sound like At the Drive In. I dont know, I'm crazy. CRAZY!!!!!

That being said, I like the ATDI related bands in this order:

1. At the Drive In
2. Sparta
3. Mars Volta

I loved De-Loused in the Comatorium! But Frances the Mute, not so much. I was really excited about it, but I'm having a really hard time getting into it. :shrug: I hate to say it, but it may not be worth the effort.

I have GOT to hear this new 'Mars Volta' record...I've heard nothing but good things!

i can't wait to hear the new album, i personally am glad that people aren't too fond of it too quickly... i guess i can assume it doesnt sound like Deloused which is a great record IMO and with this i hope they are not just being a replica of themeselves and rather are covering new terrain. i hope it takes me a while to appreciate this new album as it took me to apprecioate the last one and other great records. thats becausye for me typically the bands i like the best are the ones that took me several listenings to like and appreciate all the different aspects of it, music one likes at first listen tends to be more manufactured pop composed with just the right cours to create an easy listen....now i have just rambled on, :reject:

Back
Top Bottom