The LONG overdue MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2PM, you excited for the fight tonight? Even though he has acted like a jackass in the last few fights, I have a good feeling about Silva tonight. I'd love to see Sonnen get knocked out

I am. I've actually been sitting here deciding if I want to flat out pay to watch this one at home or not. I'm also excited for the Fitch vs Alves and Dos Santos vs Nelson fights, not to mention Hughes. There are a lot of good fights tonight, seems like it may be worth it.

It was a slight bummer watching the stuff on Versus last week, as that event initially was supposed to be here. They didn't advertise worth shit, and Dana White cancelled showing it in SLC essentially 2 weeks after they made tickets available. Probably a safe bet that he'll never attempt to do any events here again, which sucks.

Ya, I heard about them moving that one. That sucks dude. Look on the bright side though: at least the sport is sanctioned in your state. As of right now, I have no hope of a UFC event.
The fights last night were pretty good. The Fitch/Alves one was a bit of a yawner, but I enjoyed the rest. I was glad Silva was able to pull that off at the end

Yeah, I was surprised how one sided that Fitch vs Alves fight was. I feel bad for Sonnen to some extent, had he just danced around like Silva for the entire 5th round, he would have won unanimously. I like both Dos Santos and Nelson, so that one was tough to watch, but Roy still deserves props for taking a Rocky-movie-esque beating, and not going down. I was pretty happy for Matt Hughes as well. If you didn't see it, go out of your way to find a video of the Stefan Struve fight. It was possibly my favorite fight of the entire night, pretty awesome.

Some friends and I may go watch this next UFC at a movie theater. Cinemark theaters ae showing it now. At first it used to be like $30, and no one came to those showings, so they've lowered it to $15. It could be fun to see it on a screen that big with a bunch of other fans.

Rumours are swirling that the GSP/Kos fight might get pushed to March in Toronto. I will lose it if that's true

That would be sweet, but also suck that GSP would end up only fighting once this year.

ya, it would be a long wait. I think for the sake of a few months, the UFC would be crazy not to do it though. The energy in the stadium would be insane

....though I guess they'd sell out in minutes with or without GSP

You guys stoked for the fights tonight? I think this one will be really interesting. I hope Couture can stay way from a big punch from Toney. My prediction is that Toney will come in with a boxer's stance and Couture will chop him down with leg kicks... at least that's how I hope it goes down. I dont think I could handle Toney winning this one

Randy's fought a lot of good punchers and won, so hopefully he can do it again. I'll definitely be cheering for him. I'm really excited for the Penn - Edgar rematch, and the Florian - Maynard fight should be great as well. Any excuse to see Nate Diaz get punched is cool by me as well.

I was going to watch the fights at a theater with a couple of friends, but both seemed to have received the "Not UFC again!" complaints from their wives, so I may end up having to watch solo. We'll see.

king of the forum

Wha?

I thought this was somewhat interesting.

Sonnen's failure shows PEDs still a problem - UFC - Yahoo! Sports

They still haven't said what Sonnen actually tested positive for, so who knows. There's stuff at GNC that would make you fail some of these tests, so I guess I should wait until it's announced before I make too much of an opinion on it. Regardless, it's pretty sad when the contenders in two of the biggest recent title fights are now both in trouble for either steroids or other illegal substances.

It was my final post in a posting spree to secure the last post in all the lemonade stand forums. ya dig?

As far as Sonnen goes, I'm both delighted and disappointed. I cant stand the guy. He talks way too much and hasnt been around long enough or accomplished enough to warrant it. And what kind of guy calls out a fighter in a lower weight class, then says "ya, I cant make that weight, so he'd have to go heavier" or something to that affect? So I'm kind of happy to see him knocked off his high horse for something so stupid. At the same time though, it looks bad on the sport. Who was the last guy to test positive? I cant remember

Did you check out TUF last week? It was a pretty awesome start

Who was the last guy to test positive? I cant remember

Did you check out TUF last week? It was a pretty awesome start

He didn't actually test positive for anything, but apparently some doctor was recently arrested for the illegal distribution of steroids, and Shane Carwin was one of the people on his "sold to" list.

I agree that Sonnen is an ass, and this only adds to that argument, but it's still pretty crappy appearance wise for the sport.

Yeah, it'll be an interesting season. Koscheck seems like such an idiot. Did you see that "Ultimate Gracie" thing after TUF last week? It was pretty cool, actually.

I saw some of the Ultimate Gracie thing. I had some work to do, so I was only half watching it. It looked interesting though. I hope they reair it

Did you watch TUF last night? it was very satisfying when Koscheck fell for GSP's trick :lol:

Ya, he tries to be way too flashy. He seems like a nice guy though, so I'm glad he tapped out that loudmouth who said he'd never tap out days earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom