The LONG overdue MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, apparently something happens during the show that prevents it from happening. Dana wouldnt say what

Dana also said that if Silva fights Chael Sonnen next. If he acts the way he did in his last fight, he's getting cut from the roster :ohmy:

Henderson, WTF???!!!!!!

I'm seriously pissed off that I even sat through that Strikeforce bullshit. What a huge waste of time, they force Henderson to drop 25 lbs from the weight he normally fights at. He knocks the guy to the fucking ground with his first punch. Knocks him down 2 other times during the round, then gets completely gassed. The guy had him completely mounted so many times it was ridiculous, and hit him with the nanciest sissy punches I've ever seen in my life. What a horrible fight, I feel really bad for Henderson. I don't even want to mention the ridiculous WWF-esque bs at the end.

Ya, I had the misfortune of watching that too. Its too bad that strikeforce is most people in the mainstream's only exposure to MMA. The other title fight that night was garbage too. Its the first time I've seen Shields fight and I wasnt impressed at all. You're right, he was hardly even hitting him on top. What the fuck was that? Wasnt even trying to stop the fight. I turned the channel before the brawl bs at the end. Way to represent your emerging sport on national television, geniuses :tsk:

JT, all 3 of the fights that night were title fights. All 3 went 5 rounds, and were pretty much the most boring fights I've seen.

I still feel bad for Hendo, but I guess he deserves it to some extent. Why agree to fight at a weight you're not ready to fight out after you essentially took a full year off from fighting?

ya man. he got cut down pretty good. I missed a lot of the fights though. the bar we usually watch at wasnt showing it, so we had to swiftly make a move to another bar. Pretty decent fights though. Someone really needs to finish a main event sooner than later though.

Also, someone added this to Jenna Jameson's wikipedia page yesterday. They've already taken it down. Is it wrong that I thought this was really funny?

138481d1272400632-funny-strange-random-pics-jenna.png

have any of you played the PS3 game? that's pretty good fun.

still bummed that it was only on in Sydney when they came here, it's "frowned upon" in Melbourne.

Yeah, I had the game for 360, it was a blast. This year's version is looking pretty good too.

Dear Shogun,

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please beat the living shit out of Machida.

Your fan,

u2popmofo

I too would love for that to happen

Is this the second post today that you've done letter style? lol

Dear JT,

Yes, I believe you're correct.

Your friend in violence,

u2popmofo

I could watch the last 10 seconds of the Shogun - Machida fight for hours.

My Sister's stag and doe was on Saturday, so I missed the fights. Watched them online today. The end of the Shogun fight was very nice to see. The end of the Daley/Kos fight? not so much. I lost all respect for that guy. Dana kicked him out of the UFC. Kimbo is also gone

Yeah, I'm not sure if you watched the post-fight interview in the ring, but Koscheck went off and said some lame crap about Montreal because there was some booing. He couldn't even finish a fight with Daley, why is he given another title fight against St. Pierre for that? Apparently they're both going to be coaches on the next season of TUF. I sense another Bisping type of unanimous hatred for him after that season is over.

Ya, I caught the post fight interview as well. Complete tool
I think they're just running out of guys to put St Pierre up against. It would also seem that they're running out of people to coach TUF. I can see GSP coaching, but Koscheck? Shouldn't a coach have more experience than that?

Very true. If I was one of the fighters and got put on his squad, I'd be pissed because I'd assume I was going to lose based on terrible coaching, and the fact that GSP is a legend.

I like both guys, and to some extent don't really care who wins. Hopefully it's ends up as good as the hype.

Yeah, it could end up being one of those where they come out banging right off the bat and someone gets knocked out quick. Or it could be the opposite. I think they'll both respect each other as fighters far more than they say, and they'll be tentative. I could be completely wrong though. Hopefully it's a good fight, regardless.

The prelim fights are free on Spike, by the way.

Haha, I saw that on MMATKO as well.

I actually quite enjoyed the main event. It was interesting, deep down I probably wanted Rashad to win slightly more, but I found myself cheering for Rampage when it became obvious that he was getting dominated. It was good to see it not be one sided, Rampage at least got a few big shots in there. Seemed like he could have put him away too, but tired out.

Every single fight in the main card went to decision again, and almost all of the prelim fights did as well. They're almost going to need to change the rules to have the refs split fighters faster if they want to avoid so many decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom