The LONG overdue MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to MMAShare.com, or something like that. It'll link you to a forum with vids. He truly kicks the crap out of Coleman.

Despite normally not liking Sera, his fight is worth watching as well...

Awesome, I'll definitely check out that site/fights. Thanks :up:

Theres a pretty good card coming up on the 20th. I cant wait to see Wanderlei kick the crap out of Bisping

Just watched the preview to this weekend's fights, and I just have to say that Michael Bisping is possibly the most annoying loud mouthed douche who's ever lived. I don't wish injuries to anyone, but if Wanderlei completely knocked Bisping's head off of his shoulders, my first instinct would be to cheer. I hope Wanderlei channels Henderson and makes the guy look like a complete chump again. I want that jerkoff out of the UFC, he's so freaking unlikeable.

Humorously enough, one of his coaches seemed like he may possibly be an even bigger loud mouthed douche than Bisping. Sorta makes me consider my desire of vacationing in the UK.

ya, i figured I should make it blatantly obvious what it was. Wouldnt want to unpleasantly surprise anyone

I totally missed that "live on Versus" fight on Sunday, but they had it on again last night. I like that Bones Jones character.

GSP this weekend! I really hope he wins, and I also would LOVE it if Shane Carwin knocked Mir out.

Ultimate Fighter starts again next week, they have a "UFC Fight Night" on Spike launching it as well, so we have a lot of UFC stuff to look forward to in the next few days.

I totally missed that "live on Versus" fight on Sunday, but they had it on again last night. I like that Bones Jones character.

It makes me laugh very hard to know that 2 of my closets friends on Earth work for Versus and the UFC, respectively, and more or less brokered the deal between the two of them to get Versus their first UFC card. The Versus cat has been my best friend since we were 14 and the UFC cat worked with us in Los Angeles for about 5 years before he was more or less recruited by Dana White to go head up Ops for the UFC.

You were once a powerful executive who knew people, NSW.

Now you just know people.

GSP this weekend! I really hope he wins, and I also would LOVE it if Shane Carwin knocked Mir out.

this.this

this! this! and this

The fights were great. Went with a couple friends from work to a Sports Bar we heard about on the radio that had the fights playing on like 20 different flat screens and a huge projector as well, it was a lot of fun. The Carwin and Mir fight couldn't have gone better, so awesome. GSP just chucked the guy all over the place like a rag doll again, same as Thiago. If anything, he actually beat Hardy up worse than he did Alves. I love how he apologizes to his fans for not finishing the fight and says he's disappointed in himself, even though he just annihilated a guy for 5 straight rounds, and almost tore his arms off numerous times. He even got a number of great ground and pound shots on him in round 2 or 3. Good stuff.

We have the Fight Night and the new season of TUF coming on Wednesday too! I think Dan Henderson's Strike Force fight is either next weekend, or the week after that too.

Whos excited to see Anderson Silva kick the shit out of Demien Maia this weekend? Maia clearly has no chin, so it will probably be fairly short

Exhibit A - First punch of the fight

4219688859_8ab66abd9f_o.gif

Classy of Marquardt not to get a couple freebies in

Whos excited to see Anderson Silva kick the shit out of Demien Maia this weekend? Maia clearly has no chin, so it will probably be fairly short

:)

Apparently one of the guys on TUF this season is from the city I live in, the dude with the weird beard.

Thats awesome. Seemed like a decent dude. I think this season will have some quality fights. Did you see that guys nose on the premier??? nasty!

Yeah, most every fight in that first episode was better than any of the fights last season!

So how frustrating is it to watch Anderson Silva fight? I'm all for dancing around the ring and showboating a little, but when you dont finish the guy off after, you look like an ass. I felt bad for Maia too. The guy was fighting as hard as he could, but just isnt in the same league as Silva
Good for Franky Edgar. I was happy to see him win. Kind of surprised that Penn fought the way he did. He just couldn't get anything started.
Decent fights overall, but Silva kind of killed it there at the end. Did you guys like them?

So Chuck is scheduled to fight Rich Franklin, so I guess the Tito thing already isn't going to happen.

:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom