The LONG overdue MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you catch the last episode, JT? Regardless, DO NOT MISS TONIGHT'S SHOW!!!!!

YES!! :hyper: I found a stream online. I am so stoked for this man. I dont like the fat dude he's fighting, so I hope he knocks him out. On the commercial for it, it looks like Kimbo catches him with a pretty hard right hand. I doubt they'd show that if it was a knockout punch though. but ya, I'm really excited for this one

Big Country is actually a great fighter, despite how out of shape he looks. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the whole thing. It'll be an entertaining show no matter what happens.

I've never seen him fight, but I've heard good things about him. It just always rubs me the wrong way when fighters are fat asses though. I'm sure the guy could probably run circles around me, but he must eat like an elephant to stay that flabby. Same reason I couldnt stand Tim Sylvia

That was the worst decision I've ever seen. I wanted Machida to win, but I wanted him to actually win the fight. Not have it handed to him. I genuinely feel bad for Shogun.

ya, its still up man. check it out. It wasnt a terrible fight, just a terrible decision. I'd be interested to hear what you think

I have it queued up to watch when I get home, hopefully it'll work.

I did see the Anthony Johnson fight this morning though, it was freaking awesome. I really like that guy, hopefully he'll get some decent fights soon.

Did you hear Dan Henderson may be leaving UFC?

I'm a big fan of Anthony Johnson too. Hes such an exciting guy to watch and a really nice guy in interviews too. I heard something about Henderson, but thought it was just a little bit of bluffing for a bigger contract. Whats the situation like now? Is he likely to move on? Seems strange that the UFC would let him walk though. The guy was a fight away from a title shot

Fedor is fighting on CBS this Saturday. They're showing the entire Strikeforce event, I believe.

http://www.strikeforce.com/events/

I've never actually seen him fight, so I'm looking forward to it. At the same time, even if he slaughters the guy, it's hard to be impressed when you've never even heard of anyone else on the event card, and one of the fights is supposedly a "championship" bout. That's great if he's a major tough guy in Strikeforce, but who the hell wouldn't be? Whole lotta nobodies over there.

it was a decent fight. i really wanted Rogers to win though and I thought he might have a chance in the first round. but Fedor hasnt fought anyone decent in ages. I really think Lesnar would have his way with him, but we'll never know because Fedor likes to fight in lesser shows against lesser opponents. that being said, I agree RedRocksU2. It was quite a punch.
Dont we have a free UFC coming up this weekend?

We do? Where?

Yeah, I wanted Rogers to win as well. Hometown dude.....against the Russian guy.....perfect scenario. Not.

I didn't see the fight, as unfortunately CBS wasn't coming through here Saturday evening. I'll have to look for it online. I too think Fedor doesn't fight anyone remotely decent, and think his overall ratings and acclaim are a bit bloated. Regardless, still want to see the fight.

Yes, this weekend's UFC will be shown on Spike. Not sure what time, as it's in the UK. The guys from last year's Team UK who won the contracts are fighting, as is Bisping, Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy, and Couture vs Vera. It'll actually be a pretty solid set of fights, cool we're getting it for free.

8pm on Spike. Should be a good one. I wonder how Bisping is going to respond after almost getting decapitated last fight

Oh, and that was a great episode of TUF last week! Rampage has come off as a bit of an ass this season, but he has some funny things to say last week. I was happy to see Big Baby win too. Seems like a dude who would be cool to hang out with

Agreed, the last episode was extremely entertaining. Big Baby is a monster, he could end up winning the entire thing if he fights like that the rest of the season.

Found the Fedor fight on our favorite MMA website, downloading now....

Found the Fedor fight on our favorite MMA website, downloading now....

Its an entertaining fight. You wont be disappointed apart from the outcome

I cant remember if we discussed it to any length. U2popmofo had a post about it, if i recall. I think its pretty ridiculous of him, especially after all the talk about beating Rashad's ass. It seems to me that it might've been partly due to avoiding the direct embarrassment from the poor showing on TUF. 1 - 7 is pretty shitty and he didnt treat his fighters very well. but I have a feeling he'll be back.

Who do you guys pick in the upcoming fights? (at UFC 105, not TUF)

Its an entertaining fight. You wont be disappointed apart from the outcome

It was indeed entertaining, but I am less than impressed with Fedor. As you said, I think he'd get demolished by any of the top guys heavyweights in the UFC after watching that.

Vera was robbed.

I honestly think it couldve went either way. I can see how Vera would be disappointed, but Randy controlled the fight for the majority. Had the decision gone the other way, I wouldve probably agreed with it too. It was just so close (and so boring). Looking forward to the fights this weekend though. And also to TUF tomorrow. They keep teasing that Kimbo is coming back to fight. It better happen after all of the carrot dangling this season. I cant stand Matt either, so I hope he gets the boot. The guy is the biggest phony thats ever been on the show. People who talk to themselves dont go out of their way to tell you they hear voices in their heads. You find that shit out on your own.

Big Spoiler for TUF below. Read at your own peril

About Kimbo. I still hope he comes back for another fight, but from what I hear, its safe to say he doesnt make it through to the finals anyway. The rumours are Kimbo vs Houston Alexander in the TUF Finale. If its true, I cant fucking wait. This might be old news to you guys, I just didnt want to spoil it for anyone who didnt know incase Kimbo gets brought back for another fight

JT, do you hear voices in your head? :wink:

Had I been a judge, I would have given it to Couture as well. He controlled almost the entirety of the fight, Vera only landed about 10 strikes. Yes, he hurt Randy more with those strikes than Randy hurt him, but that's irrelevant. Regardless, I was surprised Randy fought so lazily. He used the same game plan he had against Noguiera, but he was soooo lazy with it. He would get him up against the fence and then just not do anyting. At least with Noguiera he did a lot of dirty boxing and knees up against the fence, he did squat in this fight. Despite him being one of my all time favorite fighters, I am starting to hope he retires. I don't think he has much left in him, despite him continually saying he's the best he's ever been. He goes down every single time someone hits him square in the face, and he doesn't look like even half the fighter he used to be. I think his head's in making movies and commercials, not in fighting any more.

I'm not reading any of your spoilers, JT.

Did you guys hear about Dana's comments earlier this week saying Lesnar may never fight again? People are beginning to assume whatever "sickness" he had is considerably more serious than we previously thought.

JT, do you hear voices in your head? :wink:

I'm not tellin' :crazy:

Did you guys hear about Dana's comments earlier this week saying Lesnar may never fight again? People are beginning to assume whatever "sickness" he had is considerably more serious than we previously thought.

I was reading about that again yesterday. Apparently it started off as mono, but then he got an intestinal bacterial infection thats pretty serious. I've heard it can be fatal in some cases, but it doesnt look quite so bad in Lesnar's case. I found the most shocking comment by Dana to be something along the lines of "Brock isnt well and he wont be getting well any time soon". Thats a pretty serious statement. I read a report yesterday that it might not be quite as serious as they first thought though. As much as I dislike the guy's attitude, I have to admit that its exciting when he's on a fight card. I hate to see him have to give up fighting, but his health has to be the most important thing right now. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Oh, and Anthony Johnson this weekend. I think its the fight I'm most excited for. I hope he knocks Koscheck the fuck out

Yay 4 Forrest. Cry 4 Anthony.

Indeed

Though Koscheck did put on a good performance when he was 'kneed' in the eye. I cant stand that guy. Dan Hardy made me laugh when they showed him while Koscheck was ranting about being the number 1 contender

I must say, I thought Tito won that fight. I wanted Forrest to win and I was happy that he did, I just think he got lucky with the decision.

Seriously? I would have given Forrest the majority of the points had I been a judge, by a long shot. The last thing you ever want to do in an extremely close fight is let someone beat the living hell out of you in the final round.

Seriously? I would have given Forrest the majority of the points had I been a judge, by a long shot. The last thing you ever want to do in an extremely close fight is let someone beat the living hell out of you in the final round.

I thought Tito had the first round hands down. the second round I thought could go either way, but I was leaning toward Tito for the take downs. The third round was forrest by a long shot. I even mentioned to a friend that I thought it would be a draw with tito being awarded the first two rounds and Forrest winning a 10-8 round in the third. Tito didnt even attempt to do anything in that last one. I still dont know what fight the judge who scored it 30-27 for forrest was watching though. MMA judges are fucking horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom