The List Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um... "My Father's Gun," bro.

What Imperor said.

My Father's Gun would be pretty high up on my list of best songs from the 70's, maybe best songs ever. The only other Elton track that rivals it is Someone Shaved My Mom Saved My Life Tonight.

But Burn Down The Mission is the second best on there.

Alright alright alright. I thought "Gun" was on Madman Across the River.

I don't think Gabe's element extends far beyond Phil Collins and being a dick, so I don't blame him credit for pursuing his calling.

Did this whole "element" meme happen because people missed a Big Lebowski quote?

Just be aware that when you use it you're referencing a movie, and not a serious comment made by me to JT.

I am the walrus?

pm6candid-paul-mccartney-posters.jpg

Back to lists for me

Top Five Favorite Albums
1. Achtung BAby- U2
2. Zooropa- U2
3. The Joshua Tree- U2
4. The Swing- INXS
5. Through Yourself And Back Again- Thriving Ivory
(6.Franz Ferdinand- Franz Ferdinand)

About the first three, I know... :rolleyes:

^ Blue, :lol: I think I guessed the first three...

Favorite bands I can remember, chronologically: (bands I still like bolded)

(90s)
1. REO Speedwagon
2. Sting/The Police
3. Goo Goo Dolls

(2000s-mid2000s)
1. Kelly Clarkson (ugh ugh ugh)
2. Within Temptation
3. Coldplay
4. Maroon 5

(mid-2000s to 2010)
1. U2
2. Coldplay again (serious fan then)
3. Green Day
4. The Beatles (ish)

(2010 on)
1. U2
2. The Replacements
3. Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
4. The Clash
5. The Ramones
6. Joy Division
7. Iggy Pop

Ok, long list over...

I'm old as fuck so I've been a fan since they were active. Was bummed when they dissolved but I guess their time had come. Glad you've discovered them recently. :up:

Dude, that is not fair :lol: I wish I'd been alive to see them or at least be around to try to. I think I found out about them from someone from IF, actually...can't remember who, for the life of me...anyway, I got 'Tim' and then 'Let It Be', loved both and got way more albums, and keep looking back at old interviews and thinking Paul Westerberg got where U2 were...the point where they said (when they were young) they wanted to stop making music when they were old...and it's so odd...

Being old as dirt sucks, so, let me enjoy one of the few advantages. I won't even babble about seeing U2 on the Joshua Tree tour, ok? :) That being said, I never did see The Replacements in concert. :(

Westerberg's an interesting dude, to say the least. I love some of his solo work. Even if I wasn't always engaged musically, he's a clever writer.

Fffff if I'd been alive during the Joshua Tree tour...you bastard :lol: Seriously, it sucks having just about one band only that I want to see on tour, and that band currently not being on tour.

He's pretty surprisingly good solo. I was even more surprised though to learn he wanted to play the quieter music all along...not what I'd guessed :lol:

Being old as dirt sucks, so, let me enjoy one of the few advantages. I won't even babble about seeing U2 on the Joshua Tree tour, ok? :) That being said, I never did see The Replacements in concert. :(

I did! I did! More than once! :wave:

Oh wait, that means I'm older than dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom