The (latest) Sex Pistols reunion...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazarus

Blue Crack Supplier
Is there a bigger group of hypocritical, money-hungry sellout whores in recent music history?

There is nothing punk rock about a reunion tour, even if you ironically call it the "Filthy Lucre Tour".

I can't fathom a bigger tool than John Lydon, and it never fails to irritate me how many people worship at the altar of these posers.

Please keep in mind that the Sex Pistols' only influence was convincing people that if these marginally talented losers could make a living playing rock and roll, anyone could. There is nothing pioneering, creative, or noteworthy about anything they recorded to tape.

In a perfect world, the true influential bands of that era would be the ones all over teenagers' walls and t-shirts. Alas, this group seems to be the one that perpetually lures entry-level punk rockers and alternas into their bullshit, non-existent mystique.

Please, please do not buy tickets for this concert that only serves to fill the coffers of so-called artists who never gave a shit in the first place, and have expressed themselves by saying nothing save for empty me-against-the-world sloganeering.

I do enjoy Nevermind the Bollocks, calculated marketing and all. And Public Image Limited.

That said, Lydon is in fact a tool.

They've been selling out since 1978...

ONE ALBUM?! How the fuck do they get any credit at all?

Yes it was a good album, but seriously they have to be the most overrated band ever...

Back
Top Bottom