the latest footie thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed! :yes:

I thought Tim did very well when he first started with Man Utd. To be honest I was wondering what happend to him until I saw the FA cup match last week. I thought he was let go.

My best male friend here is a big Utd fan and we would go to some of the bars in town to watch the Man Utd./ Arsenal and Man Utd./Liverpool matches. With the exception of Arsenal I always cheer for the opposing team to piss my friend off. Besides in a bar full of football fans mostly filled with ex-pats from England, it made for a colorful morning. Damn I miss those mornings! :angry:

Last edited:
yes, at first I thought he was really good but then last season he made too many errors (so did Carroll)

Howard is lucky...we sold Carroll :wink:

Van der Sar is looking solid this season but I think Howard is a fine backup, he's young for a goalie too :up:

but of course :drool:

:wink:

i almost root for real madrid now in the spanish league now that he's there, he was my childhood football idol!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

My best male friend here is a big Utd fan and we would go to some of the bars in town to watch the Man Utd./ Arsenal and Man Utd./Liverpool matches. With the exception of Arsenal I always cheer for the opposing team to piss my friend off. Besides in a bar full of football fans mostly filled with ex-pats from England, it made for a colorful morning. Damn I miss those mornings! :angry:

:lol:

i don't think many places here show football :tsk: but during the world cup i will be finding out which ones so i can watch games not on ABC:wink:

Last edited:
I love that we have several places to watch games. I also love that I am able to walk into several bars here in Atlanta when a big game is on and get the feeling that I am overseas because of all the international folk are in there sipping on pints, drinking hot tea and having a traditional breakfast on a early Sat morning or Sun morning. I love listening to the conversations. It is almost always standing room only.

Two years ago during the Utd and Arsenal game the satellite went out during the game. All hell broke loose. :lol: I was glad I was standing by the door because if the satellite signal did not come back I was going to bolt out of there before a riot started! haha. Thankfully for all it came back on and it turned out to be a problem with the channel from England and not the dish problem. :lol:

Last world cup left me, my family and several friends and coworkers deprived of sleep. :yawn:

Last edited:
that's cool :up: I keep hearing that there are lots of English people here :shrug: maybe i'll find out this summer :wink:

going down to the pub in England on the weekend for football matches:love:

The last world cup was awful for timing :crack: this one will be far better, games on in the morning through to late afternoon instead of the middle of the night :up:

:up: are you planning on going to europe soon?

thanks for the link :up:

according to that there are no soccer friendly places in this state :tsk: but the world cup will be on ESPN & ESPN2 and all the restraunts/bars have that, i'll just have to find out which ones will show the football

Last edited:
Well I was hoping to be over there this summer for school but that had to be put on hold until next year. I loved that I saw the Rep of Ireland play in Dublin right before they left for the world cup. That was so much fun. I can't even imagine how a Premiership game would be. :drool:

Last edited:
:| is right :wink:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Well I was hoping to be over there this summer for school but that had to be put on hold until next year. I loved that I saw the Rep of Ireland play in Dublin right before they left for the world cup. That was so much fun. I can't even imagine how a Premiership game would be. :drool:

I've never been to a prem league game, i've been to old trafford twice on tours. I can only imagine what a game would be like there:drool:

Back
Top Bottom