the latest footie thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would normally go club before country mainly as you associate yourself a little more with a club. However as my country would be Ireland, and as its relatively small, I guess I would have to go with country. Not that it will ever happen of course...

1stepcloser said:
I just thought i might as well throw this question into discussion too:

I got asked the other day whether i'd rather see England win the world cup or Villa win the champions league?

my reply was i'd rather see villa win the champions league and i got roundly criticised from my mates for saying that. i love my club and country but i think i'd be slightly more ecstatic if villa won the champions league because at the moment its so unlikely and i support them week-in week-out whereas england only play every 3-4 months or so.

what do you guys think? club or country?

Being Inter fan, being fan of a team who doesn't win the championship since 1989, when I was 9 years old (!!!!!!!!!!), you can imagine what I prefer........................................:wink:

But it's a tough call, I mean, when the national team wins a big championship such as Worldcup or Euro, it's a thing that remains forever as a win that unites every fan of each club team, this is the most beautiful thing in football..................................
But how would I reject the orgasmic feeling to shout in Ac Milan fans faces by winning against them....................:drool:

One is sure, a victory has much more sweet taste when many people can celebrate together

Last edited:
lady luck said:

You think Cassano & Vieri will play for Italy?

(btw, Vieri just passed to Monaco... :drool: )

Del Piero, Toni, Cassano...........................this is the right chemistry!
But in the end, Totti will play, and Del Piero stays out................

Vieri???
What is this? Dog Food?

Don't know, sorry..................................................................

What is not funny, that he said that Milan is the best team where he has ever "played"?................................. For 5 months?
After 6 years at Inter, shooting 122goals, he made a bad mistake with going at Milan at the career end, he could have remained at Inter to make the 5th forward instead of going there.....................He went at Milan knowing to be the substitute's substitute. And when he went he didn't say a word about Inter, neither a thank you., and he keeps holding Inter in the shit........... Inter gave away 90million Lire for him, 12 million engagement for each season (sponsors not included)
I'm sorry, but he betrayed us, he's like Ronaldo...........
Moratti doesn't deserve such rewards.................like we fans, too

Last edited:
I think Vieri's best years are behind him anyway, you got the best out of him.

Is Fillipo Inzaghi still at AC?? i saw him play for them once and i think he got caught offside 9 times in thw first half alone!

1stepcloser said:
I think Vieri's best years are behind him anyway, you got the best out of him.

Is Fillipo Inzaghi still at AC?? i saw him play for them once and i think he got caught offside 9 times in thw first half alone!

I used to cry out for Vieri, he was my favourite player, I gave for him my biggest applauses at San Siro.................what the hell needed he to go at AC at 33? Now he found no space there, (and he knew that, he knew he was behind Shevchenko, Gilardino and Inzaghi, he played just 700minutes shooting 1miserable goal...............)and went at Monaco.......................
But the sadest thing is that he hasn't spent neither a miserable word for the president (who loved him very much), Inter and for us, and said instead that AC Milan was the best team where he has ever played (played?? what the hell has he played?! the last 10 minutes every 5 games, come on, please..............)
No probs, we got the Emperor :wink: , but it wa the worst way to leave for Vieri, after 6 years and 122 goals...................
And yeah, I don't think he has more to say, he's done his best, his time is setting.

Inzaghi is still at AC, he's everytime injured, it's actually a pity for the national team, he's really a phenomenon in the last 15 metres, he's one of those players who resolve you a game with only a click! That's why he stays often in offside, that's the place where he plays, everytime in a thin balance between offside and regularity. I think he would be fine for this Worldcup, if he reaches the form he can be very useful......................but not Vieri!
:mad:

:wink:

Where is Aardvark stuck??
I would love to hear a comment from him....................................

:wink: :wink:

Rocking Edge, I guess you're not laughing.....................losing a derby is a nightmare, I know it, too..........................

Meanwhile, championship is officially over, Chelskea wins it tomorrow...........but it's gonna be a great thing for the champions league places, there's a hot bagarre, would love to see tottenham catching one

Last edited:
what does everyone here think about sven and his comments re: villa and some of the national team players???

personally i think that man is an idiot. why would someone be that stupid to talk so openly with a person you jusy met about things that could effect your job. :huh:

and am quite pissed off about robben getting sent of yesterday. i think it was a bit overboard.

Sweet Tart said:
what does everyone here think about sven and his comments re: villa and some of the national team players???

personally i think that man is an idiot. why would someone be that stupid to talk so openly with a person you jusy met about things that could effect your job. :huh:

and am quite pissed off about robben getting sent of yesterday. i think it was a bit overboard.

i didn't see the robben red card, can't believe ronaldo got sent off though :tsk:

i haven't read the Sven comments yet, will do...

the rockin edge said:

i didn't see the robben red card, can't believe ronaldo got sent off though :tsk:

i haven't read the Sven comments yet, will do...

he got a second yellow for celebrating his goal with the fans. :rolleyes:

babyman said:
^1Step Closer would surely be happy if the swede goes at Villa!
:wink:
What a donkey he was:lol:
But anyway, I find it was a shit journalism piece by laying such a snare

:lol:

Our chairman Doug Ellis would never pay Sven the kind of wages he asks for. He probably thinks he's paying the groundsman too much money :wink:

Sven is an idiot. How many times does he have to show how shallow and untrusting he is in both his private life, his dedication to his job and his public life. Plus he talks like a chip monk.

Then again, we have just appointed Steve Staunton as Ireland manager.

:hmm: Will have to see how that one turns out.

Back
Top Bottom