the latest addition to my u2 collection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Arun V said:
334%3C%3A%3A5923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C%3B398856ot1lsi

yes I have the audacity to post this without posting the story behind it

That is very cool! And you have a way cool friend as well.

Per the Africa thing, are you considering joining the Peace Corps? I have two cousins that did, one in Honduras, the other in Cote D'Ivoire, and had incredible, life-altering experiences. Good luck with whatever you plan to do there!

actually....I want to do work with the World Health Organization

There are a number of other organizations too that a physician can join to do work in africa...I just hope in the future I can work out the sabbaticals with employers.

nice avatar dsmith!!!

Last edited:
Arun V said:
actually....I want to do work with the World Health Organization

There are a number of other organizations too that a physician can join to do work in africa...I just hope in the future I can work out the sabbaticals with employers.

nice avatar dsmith!!!

Thanx, I dig yours as well ;)

I don't think you would have any problem working out a sabatical with your future employer, there are a few organizations that send doctors to needy areas for a working holiday, Eriq LaSalle's character did that on an episode of ER a few years back.

Well it's not just that dsmith....I'm really interested in hematology oncology and radiation oncology. A lot of hem/onc patients are immunosuppressed....and the vaccinations I'd take to work in africa would force me to take a longer sabbatical in that I would have to wait for the vaccines to clear out of my system to avoid passing a disease on to an immunosuppressed patient who can't fight anything off.

Well...I'll find a way...I'll make sure of that....worse come worse...I can always become a gynecologist:help:

Cowgirl said:

God help us all

*legs it :tongue:

I'll see you on teh 5th amanda

manda dont' worry..I'm joking

your appointment is really on the 12th.

Arun V said:
It was obtained by a freind of mine who met edge in dublin. I really don't want to say more to respect privacy.

a photo of me and bono on stage was taken by adam voluntarily to give to Bono. On the back was a note to bono telling how u2's music has influenced me to use my position as a physician in the future to work with aids victims in Africa.
Thanks for clearing that up Arun:up:

There are always alot of different rumours you hear all over these forums-

started by a few misguided folk Iam sure w 'good intentions'
and-
-innuendo
-conjecture
-speculation...

and other things.

Good luck w your career.
Plez dont tell Bono how I used to help w your homework:sexywink:

thx-

DB9