The Last Samurai

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes: I'm interested in seeing it. I'm curious on how they are going to protray the Samurai warriors. I've heard that they've kept it historically accurate.

And yes, Watanabe is a good actor :up:

I enjoyed it - the violence was too tough to take, but obviously expected considering the subject matter. The scenery is beautiful too.

Ken Watanabe gives an outstanding performance. I thought Tom's was as well.

I saw it. It had its moments, but I got kinda bored. The scale of it is impressive and Tom apparently did all the stunts and fighting himself, using real swords, so it was quite an achievement. I just wanted to love it (because I love really good epic films) and I didn't. :shrug:

I loved this movie. I thought the scenery was beautiful, the story line was beautiful. I thought Tom's performance was very good but not Oscar worthy however I thought the gentleman who played opposite of him, which I am assuming his name is Ken Watanabe performance was superb and would say he deserves an Oscar nom for his performance. I also loved how there was no sex or nudity at all in this movie! :up: Also the actress who played Taka is a very beautiful woman.

Last edited:
Justified said:
I loved this movie. I thought the scenery was beautiful, the story line was beautiful. I thought Tom's performance was very good but not Oscar worthy however I thought the gentleman who played opposite of him, which I am assuming his name is Ken Watanabe performance was superb and would say he deserves an Oscar nom for his performance. I also loved how there was no sex or nudity at all in this movie! :up: Also the actress who played Taka is a very beautiful woman.

I saw this today with my family (god bless CNY holidays) and I do agree with what the good Iris has said.

I've seen it twice. Fantastic movie, especially if you've ever had any interest whatsoever in Japan.

:up:

i saw it over the christmas holidays. i really liked it too. in fact, i liked it more than cold mountain. i also think it's the only tom cruise movie i've ever seen where he doesn't even kiss a girl :wink: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom