The Laci Peterson Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I'm curious as to what you guys think of the missing pregnant Modesto woman. I am watching the news and apparently the husband had a girlfriend :shame: She just spoke at a press conference saying that she was his girlfriend but when she found out who he was she broke it off and went to police.

Do you think the husband was involved?

Personally I think Laci will probly be found .. but not alive. :(

It will be just a matter of time before they nab the husband with this one.

Mr. Peterson went fishing by himself all day on Christmas Eve with a pregnant wife at home.

Wife was not seen at all on Christmas Eve day.

The girlfriend didn't even know that Mr. Peterson was married. He seems quite the master of deception.

Mr. Peterson took out at $250K insurance policy on his wife - which would make sense until you realize that his wife's policy is larger than his.

He hired a criminal defense attorney days after his wife was "missing". Now, everyone is entitled to a lawyer, but this combined with his silence and minimal effort to search for his wife is suspicious.

The smell test tells me he killed his wife.

My mom has been following this story since it was announced she was missing. Apparently he also took out an insurance policy on her not so long ago. I think she said it was $200,000 and he had denied having the girlfriend.

It's hard to say if he was involved but I kind of have the feeling he could have been in some way. I do agree that if she is found it she won't be alive. I hope and pray that she is alive but am doubtful.

He is also being looked at as a "possible" suspect in the disappearance of girl who went missing when they were both students at Cal State SLO.

I don't think Laci and her baby are coming home alive...and I think Scott Peterson is responsible. Its just a matter of time before he's arrested.

What kind of husband leaves his 8 1/2 months pregnant wife alone on Christmas Eve...to go fishing 90 minutes away??? That is just unbelievable to me.

martha said:
Of course the husband did it. If you pay attention to missing women stories, it's almost always the husband/boyfriend who kills them.

The stats I heard on this - 70% of the time, a woman is killed by someone she knows. And one-third of those are by husbands and former husbands/boyfriends.

A sad double-murder of Luci and child.

sadly I suspected the husband from the very beginning....everything sounded too fishy, like how they found the dog just walking around and stuff :|

That's horrible. I can't imagine being married to someone and never knowing they were capable of something like that.

nbcrusader said:

The stats I heard on this - 70% of the time, a woman is killed by someone she knows. And one-third of those are by husbands and former husbands/boyfriends.

The weird thing is that women usually kill people they know as well.

nbcrusader said:

A sad but true fact. When I separated from my first husband, I left notes with everyone in my family to give to the police in case anything ever happened to me. His threats against me were serious enough for a permanent restraining order and I know he was fully capable of following through on them. :|

Bono's American Wife said:

A sad but true fact. When I separated from my first husband, I left notes with everyone in my family to give to the police in case anything ever happened to me. His threats against me were serious enough for a permanent restraining order and I know he was fully capable of following through on them. :|

:hug:

My mom was in a similar situation. Twice, actually, but one was so bad that she had to live in a spouse abuse center for several months.

meegannie said:

My mom was in a similar situation. Twice, actually, but one was so bad that she had to live in a spouse abuse center for several months.

My mom was too...unfortunately she kept going back to him and is still married to the guy. She says he hasn't abused her for years but I have my doubts. That's the main reason I didn't stick around and let my ex keep hitting me. I knew it would only get worse.

Its a hard thing to go through but even harder to watch someone hurt your mom. :(

I know this a serious subject but when I looked up and saw my avatar and then flowers above it, I just burst out laughing. I'm sorry :|

I just hope that Laci and her child have found peace.. wherever they are, and that they aren't in any more pain.

How sad. How could someone do such a thing? :sad:

Hmm...yeah, i agree things are fishy. On one hand, its actually a normal thing to take out a life insurance policy on a woman when she becomes pregnant. My parents did the same thing when my mother was pregnant with me.

as mentioned, a large number of these cases involve the spouse so I'm not surprised Scott got a lawyer.

that being said, the affair, the fishing alone on christmas eve, the other missing girl...there is a lot to answer.

also, anyone hear anything else about the break-in at scott's house a week or so ago. nothing was taken but the cops called it "bizarre" whatever the hell that means.

sharky said:
Hmm...yeah, i agree things are fishy. On one hand, its actually a normal thing to take out a life insurance policy on a woman when she becomes pregnant. My parents did the same thing when my mother was pregnant with me.

This is very true - we got an insurance policy on my wife after we started having children.

What makes the Peterson case strange, however, is that the insurance policy on Laci is much larger than the policy on Mr. Peterson. On average, the policy on a husbands life is larger that the policy on the wife's life.

Yeah I think he did.. I just heard it on the news. Does anyone know what he said?

I just saw little snippet...its supposed to be on tomorrow night.

What little I saw...:mad:

He said that Laci knew about his affair but wasn't mad about it :eyebrow: He was totally composed while he was talking about it. Then he turned on the tears and started blubbering about something...I didn't catch what he was talking about then.

All I know is if I was missing, my husband would be such a basket-case he would literally not be able to function. He falls apart when I have surgery for crying out loud. He wouldn't be able to get through an interview without crying like a baby.

That guy is just too calm and composed.

They're talking about the case on CNN Larry King Live tonight...I'm watching it now...

Back
Top Bottom