The Laci Peterson Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this is the second time they've searched the house. I guess they're going back in to look for something specific.

if they've got reason to search the house a second time, sounds like they're onto something :shifty:

I think they're just saying he's not officially a suspect so he won't freak and try to run...that way when they finally find the evidence, they've got him right where they want him :shifty:

MODESTO, Calif. (AP) -- Police returned to the home of missing pregnant woman Laci Peterson on Tuesday to search for clues in her disappearance and drove away with her husband's new truck.

The search came after police said they made new unspecified findings in the case of the 27-year-old substitute teacher who vanished on Christmas Eve.

"Discoveries during the investigation have necessitated the revisiting of the scene," said Modesto Police Detective Doug Ridenour. He did not elaborate and said the search warrant application was sealed by court order.

Officers removed seven grocery bags of potential evidence from the house and took them to an unmarked police car and a truck marked "crime scene team."

It was the second time officers have used a warrant to gather evidence at the one-story house that features a pool in the back yard.

Laci Peterson's sister, Amy Rocha, spent a couple of hours inside the house with police, but it was not immediately clear what role she may have played in the search.

Officers used a warrant Dec. 26 to seize Scott Peterson's truck and 14-foot boat and trailer after he reported his wife missing when he returned from a solo fishing trip in San Francisco Bay.

With those vehicles still in police custody, Peterson traded in his wife's Land Rover for a new pickup truck recently. On Tuesday, investigators took the new truck away from the house to search for evidence, said Sgt. Ron Cloward.

Ridenour downplayed the significance of the day's events, saying it was routine to return to the house where the couple lived and he said it was "not a big part of our focus." He said Peterson would be able to get his truck back and return to his house at the end of the day.

Peterson, 30, was home when the search began Tuesday and was cooperative with police, Cloward said. A few hours after the search began, Peterson left with his bags packed and drove off in another vehicle. He returned a few hours later and handed some papers to police before leaving.

It was not immediately clear what he gave police or where he went.

Police have not named Peterson as a suspect in his wife's disappearance but they said they have not ruled him out.

:shifty:

They just said on the news they're not letting him back home tonite. :eyebrow:

They just said on the news that it is now being considered a homicide and they're offering the reward for her body or any other information leading to her body.

Ok like we didnt already know that. :|

I wish they would just find her and arrest the bastard who did it already :(

I don't know if Scott himself did it, but I know that he is involved somehow. My friend knows him and he says he is a real weird guy.

I find it interesting how this case has really gotten quiet in the past few days/week.

I have this sinking feeling they are never going to find out what really happened. :(

The body of a woman in maternity clothes washed up on the beach near San Francisco Bay today. Yesterday a baby boy with his umbilical cord still attached washed up in the same place.

The woman's head and hands are missing and an autopsy is being done right now.

:(

There are conflicting reports coming out now. They are now reporting that the baby was found in some bushes quite a distance from the woman and the woman has no arms or legs :(

The police are disputing what was reported last night about the the maternity clothes and a news conference that was scheduled for earlier this morning was cancelled at the last minute.

It may take up to 3 days for identification. Part of me hopes its not her or her baby but it would be better for her family to finally know.

:sad:

BREAKING NEWS Scott Peterson, husband of missing pregnant woman Laci Peterson, has been arrested in San Diego, CNN confirms.

I just heard it too...they're going to have a press conference at 9pm Eastern

ABEL said:
I just heard it too...they're going to have a press conference at 9pm Eastern
thanks Abel :wave:
This is just so sick...what drives people to do such things? I just don't know *shudder*
As Iris said...god bless that poor woman and child :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom