The Kinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OnFire

Acrobat
How can it be that there are 10 Beatles threads in the B&C index, 6 Rolling Stones threads and not a single Kinks thread?

A couple of things got me thinking about the Kinks recently. In the Guitar World interview with the Edge the interviewer comments on how Vertigo sounds like a straight-ahead classic rock song and asks if he still listens to that stuff to which he replys, "Nope. Well...the Kinks."

Then while visiting a friend last weekend he puts in a Kinks BBC disc with a bunch of interviews and live tracks, great stuff. I can't get "Everybody's gonna be Happy" out of my head now.

Extraordinary band!

The Road was a great one
"Lost and Found", "Art Lover", "Destroyer" "The Road"
One of my favorite bands ever

I was just thinking about the Kinks last night. I was at a show with four bands and the first one had obviously been listening to the Kinks. And I mean that in a good way.

Then I was thinking that I need a Kinks greatest hits album or something to listen to. I've been feeling a trip to Tower coming on anyway.

Ray Davies is quite underated, and quite talented. I've seen the Kinks, and I've seen Ray Davies twice. I believe he was the inspiration for the VH1 Storytellers series, as I think he was the first. He's great, the band is great. Some of their songs...

You Really Got Me
All Day & All Of The Night
Around The Dial
Dedicated Follower Of Fashion
Lola
Set Me Free
Sunny Afternoon
Til The End Of The Day
Tired Of Waiting For You
Waterloo Sunset
Victoria
(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman

and of course,

Celluloid Heroes
(everybody's a dreamer...and everybody's a star...)

:applaud:

There are several songs that, for some reason or another, make my best friend and I think of each other. "Lola" is one of them. :heart:

The Kinks , The Ramones, The Clash= The best:wink: To bad they are so underrated:(

Back
Top Bottom