The Killers are cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just infinitely glad that they went with killers instead of killahs.

:up:

Is it me or does the lead singer sound british when he sings?
I well thought the killers were from london or summot!

probably just me ahwell!

this thread is like that scene in austin when he and ms spitz or swallows are falling to the ground and he says 'why wont you die?'

well put angela.

this thread will die just as soon as someone feels "threatened", "belittled", "accosted", or "offended" after me or someone else makes referance to the point that the killers are supremely over-rated on this message board.

OK, ok the Killers are class and in no way over- rated in anyway...........

yeah, you'll no doubt say the same thing in three years when they're featured on those "one hit wonder" shows.

if i'm wrong, i'll eat my words.

Somebody told me they had the best 5 songs opening up the album in a long time.

I had another friend burn a copy for me.

I listened. I disagreed with the initial assessment. Maybe I'm missing something.

it's not like i think they suck or anything, i'm sure they don't. i don't have any problem with them, but like coldplay, i just think they're...extremely accessable thus drawing in fans who think they've really caught onto something that perhaps...was never really worth catching onto in the first place?

that's probably too harsh, oh well.

You really think they're as accessible as Coldplay? I kinda find them to be less accessible (mostly less sonically "pretty" to the ears) which in turn makes people think that they are "better" because you won't hear them on your adult top 40 station, but in the end, it's all the same banal stuff.

romi said:
I like all of the songs on their album. Also, you will probably like Franz Ferdinand.

i disagree. lyrically anyways. The killers lyrics are something i think i would hear from don vito's mouth. The make little sense. I have not been able to get past that song. Is the rest of the album diiferent from that song? Because "somebody told me" in my opinion is crap!

I agree with anitram and deathstare. Except swap them round with anitrams. Coldplay are a bit moodier, less 'catch and grab', which is what the Killers seem to be. They're not bad at all, they can play, write tunes that appeal, and have that 'thing' which many ordinary bands have. They're 'good' across the board rather than having an area of excellence, in my view.
I'm jaded, but it's good to have one sticking point every now and then.

I bought the album months ago, and I liked it upon initial listen. It was kind of catchy, but I haven't listened to it since those first couple of weeks. :shrug:

Ah well everyone has different opinions, no point in trying to convert ya's

As of tonight, I have fallen in love with this album.

These guys are incredible. I can't wait to see them live.

Their cover of Morrissey's Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself is really good. I think they will have the brightest future of any of their contemporaries (Snow Patrol, Keane, Franz Ferdinand, et.).

I think I read in another thread, that they're supposed to be on Saturday Night Live this week. :up:

Kate1 said:

classic song!:wink:

thats what makes them some what shitty. Worst lyrics on any album i can remember purchasing. great tunes terrible lyrics.:barf: if you disagree look them up on line or listen to the album

ADecentMelody said:
Their cover of Morrissey's Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself is really good. I think they will have the brightest future of any of their contemporaries (Snow Patrol, Keane, Franz Ferdinand, et.).

brighter than franz ferdinand? no...just...no.

bought both the killers and franz ferdinand today out of curiosity, and i gotta say, while i like a few of them [somebody told me, mr brightside], they all tend to blend into one after a while.

on the other hand, franz ferdinand definitely outstrips them in so many ways. love or at least really like every song on the album. a whole lotta :up: for franz from me.

Back
Top Bottom