The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
I just ate on the lower east side in New York City at a restauraunt called the Joshua Tree, a bar that plays U2 music works for me!! Anyone been?

If you look at Manhattan from above, there is a distinct upper and lower (obviously). The extreme upper is Harlem, and the extreme lower is Battery Park.

The East and West sides are about mid-way up the island, around from the middle of Central Park down to about where Midtown ends. The East & West sides are pretty big, so they're divided into Upper and Lower. The division is about the lower point of Central Park; anything higher is the Upper West/East Side, and anything lower is the Lower West/East Side.

Of course, since I'm not a New Yorker, I could be completely wrong about this. :hmm:

DaveC said:
If you look at Manhattan from above, there is a distinct upper and lower (obviously). The extreme upper is Harlem, and the extreme lower is Battery Park.

The East and West sides are about mid-way up the island, around from the middle of Central Park down to about where Midtown ends. The East & West sides are pretty big, so they're divided into Upper and Lower. The division is about the lower point of Central Park; anything higher is the Upper West/East Side, and anything lower is the Lower West/East Side.

Of course, since I'm not a New Yorker, I could be completely wrong about this. :hmm:

pretty close... there's a lot more sections though... midtown, upper east/west side, lower east/west side, financial district, soho, tribeca, chelsea, the village, etc. etc. a lot of sections sort of overlap and run into each other.

http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/dcp/html/neighbor/neighe.html

there's a link to the new york city department of city planning... it details out the different neighborhoods/sections for ya

Back
Top Bottom