The Jonas Brothers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliR

The Fly
Now, before you all start throwing stuff at me, I had to tell someone, and I figured all us U2 freaks would understand :laugh: My dd :heart: them. She is 12. All her life she has heard me go on and on about U2 {Bono} and seen me go to concerts when possible, buy all their albums, listen to them over and over, and have obsessive U2 desktops.

All of this was bound to rub off, right? Only who knew it would be the JB's she falls in love with :doh: She gets all the teeny bopper rags that feature them, watches youtube vids about them, has her room papered with posters. She even did a scrapbook. Now, normally I would be a bit worried about this. That is, if I didn't have a similar love. ;)

So, in case you didn't know, the Boys are on tour right now. I talked to her best friend's mom and we agreed to get tickets to their show {deep breath} We are going to see the Jonas Brother's in concert !!!!!!! OMG, do you know how loud pre and teen girls scream ?!?!?! ROFLOL We haven't told them yet, but in the next few weeks if you hear some primal scream that seems to be coming from Ohio, it will be our girls screaming with excitement. The concert is August 26, which coincidentally enough is when school starts. To hell with school, I say :lol: We have our priorities!

Tips/advice to survive the show? I told dh that if we do this he has got to fly me to the US opening of the next U2 concert. :laugh: We'll see about that. I do hope I can take a camera in the show, that would be awesome for her!

And coincidentally enough, she is the same age as I was when I fell in love with U2. :heart:

But, shhhhh, this is a secret -- don't tell her.

PS -- pls excuse my over use of smilies in this post, lol

I watch the Disney channel (for the humor) constantly and, as I'm sure you know, the Jonas Brothers are ALL over that channel.

Their song S.O.S. is damn catchy, and any friend of Miley's is a friend of mine. So the Jo Bros are alright in my book.

Have fun at the concert! I'm sure you will.

Some of my friends call The Disney Channel "The Jail Bait Channel". That really makes me wonder about GAF.....

Somewhat true, but the best trim on the channel is already into its twenties.

Okay:

I hate The Jonas Brothers, or any type of record company created boy band with limited musical talent only made to tap into the tween girl market.

:yes:

And I hate that Target is targeting the tweens with a commercial featuring this trio :tsk:

Thank god Maddy hates JB. So far, we've taught her well
whew.gif

As for advice AliR.... BRING EARPLUGS. And Tylenol. :)

And I hate that Target is targeting the tweens with a commercial featuring this trio :tsk:

Thank god Maddy hates JB. So far, we've taught her well
whew.gif

I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to that place.

Except that I suggest a different pain reliever because you will probably want a few drinks when you get home and Tylenol and alcohol will do your liver in.

a jonas brother thread ?
i need a goddamn lobotomy

You've seen it all now? I know, who thoungt *I* would ever give in to take my kid to a concert? I guess you reall will do anything for your children. And don't worry, I will *never* let her forget this most unselfish act.

Ali

Yes, but how much tylonol do you think will be enough to really help? I'm thinking more than the recommended dosage.

Except that I suggest a different pain reliever because you will probably want a few drinks when you get home and Tylenol and alcohol will do your liver in.

Hmmm, do you think much tailgating will be going on before the concert? :lol: I'm sure a good stiff drink will be in order when I get home, though. Ok, ok, maybe two {three}.

Ali

I just took my 14 y.o. to see these guys (actually twice within a year)...and much like your daughter AliR she has a room plastered in JB posters and teeny-bopper magazine pics...:doh:

OK, here's what to expect...a lot of loud little girl shrills...a lot of looks of (sexual) confusion...a lot of parents with earplugs...:lol:...and a lot more little girl shrills. The music is 'OK' at best...and the part of the show where one of the JBs sings about his diabetes is either: 1) priceless or 2) cringeworthy...go with the latter.

I'll tell you it is 180 degrees different from an 'adult' concert...:yes:

I just took my 14 y.o. to see these guys (actually twice within a year)...and much like your daughter AliR she has a room plastered in JB posters and teeny-bopper magazine pics...:doh:

OK, here's what to expect...a lot of loud little girl shrills...a lot of looks of (sexual) confusion...a lot of parents with earplugs...:lol:...and a lot more little girl shrills. The music is 'OK' at best...and the part of the show where one of the JBs sings about his diabetes is either: 1) priceless or 2) cringeworthy...go with the latter.

I'll tell you it is 180 degrees different from an 'adult' concert...:yes:

LOL, thanks for that description. Sexual confusion? Oh no! She's only 12, don't we have a few more years?

That'll be awesome for your daughter! :up:

Thanks for thinking so. :)

Ali

Back
Top Bottom