The Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss becky

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Anyone else seen this? I'm in a small minority, but I really loved this movie. I went in expecting a typical summer action movie, and came out just raving about it.

First, I like when a movie can surprise me, and this one did, by making me question things. The whole cloning issue is a very thorny one, and the movie raises some important questions about it. Second, I love Ewan McGregor to death, and he totally impressed me here. His scenes in the second half of the movie are amazing. And third, that car chase was pretty kickass. :D

All in all, I give it a big :up:

Don't care to see it, but Scarlett is absolutely :drool: in it.

sorry, miss becky. i have to disagree with you here. this movie was over-the-top and overdone. someone needs to forcibly stop michael bay from ever making movies again.

the parts i liked best were when there were 2 ewan mcgregors. :drool:

I liked it all right--I was disappointed at how it degenerated into huge action sequences, as the first half was quite creepy and promising.

It's too bad they blew the clone storyline in the ad campaign, because if you hadn't known, it would have been much more gruesome and thrilling. As it was, there wasn't a whole lot of suspense.

But I thought Ewan McGregor was just so charming in it...and Sean Bean's not bad either.

AvsGirl41 said:
I liked it all right--I was disappointed at how it degenerated into huge action sequences,
so typical of michael bay.
But I thought Ewan McGregor was just so charming in it...
when he sees all the calendar girls stuck on steve buscemi's wall and goes, 'are those your friends? where are all their clothes?'

lmjhitman said:

so typical of michael bay.

when he sees all the calendar girls stuck on steve buscemi's wall and goes, 'are those your friends? where are all their clothes?'

I know, I loved his chirpy innocence...I mean, it was cheesy, but Ewan just made it so darn sweet. "I found a bug! A flying bug!!"

I really enjoyed the film!

Ewan!!! :drool: :drool:

yeah, it went into action mode in the second half but it's a summer movie and well the first half was excellent.

I just saw a poster for a movie with Ewan and Naomi Watts called STAY!

Back
Top Bottom