The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
What is the critic's choice awards anyway?

It's when a chosen panel of judges pick their favorite playlists based on certain categories. It comes in handy when the unwashed masses have a crappy opinion. :rockon:

COBL_04 said:
Axver in my group. I may as well just quit now lol. :shrug: :lol:

Actually, I called Group 2 the Group of Life for the simple reason that you can pretty much rule me out of progressing, so the other three of you rather than all four of us will really be contesting for the two quarter-final spots.

After all, if I submit the tracklist I'm working on right now, I'm not sure anyone will vote for it at all. It's called "The Life And Death Of Life". It ends with:

I fell through a hole in the floor
The audience cried out for more
Fade away
It's just another day ...

- Porcupine Tree, "Fadeaway"

Axver said:
Actually, I called Group 2 the Group of Life for the simple reason that you can pretty much rule me out of progressing, so the other three of you rather than all four of us will really be contesting for the two quarter-final spots.

After all, if I submit the tracklist I'm working on right now, I'm not sure anyone will vote for it at all. It's called "The Life And Death Of Life". It ends with:

I fell through a hole in the floor
The audience cried out for more
Fade away
It's just another day ...

- Porcupine Tree, "Fadeaway"

Don't doubt your musical tastes so much. That's my job. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:

Don't doubt your musical tastes so much. That's my job. :wink:

Well, we'll see how I fare in the upcoming tournament - the obscurity more than the taste reflected by the individual songs could doom it.

But if I choose to submit The Life And Death Of Life, I think the problem is not necessarily the taste, but how absolutely dark it will be. I'm even breaking my "no growled death vocals" rule for one thoroughly essential song.

:| I think I just died a little, why does it seem like everyone's done?

I'm seriously brain dead and have no clue of what's going to become of mine (when I get it started, that is). :scream:

Lemonchick said:

I'm seriously brain dead and have no clue of what's going to become of mine (when I get it started, that is). :scream:

You got an advantage. You can see everyone's list. You'll probably end up winning. :wink:

Lemonchick said:

There must be something on your mind that could inspire an album. Let wandering thoughts bring about a moment of genius. An album is often just a moment in time.

hardyharhar said:
Well, ending with Porcupine Tree ain't so bad. Besides, none of us are listening to the words. Right? :eyebrow:

Yeah, but it opens with Friends Are Evil by Jesu. Ever heard that beast? :wink:

Mine's no way near done, have no fear. I have enough songs, but I'm really unsure about some of them, only about half of what I have is in stone, transition and selection wise.

The only thing I'm confident about is my closing song and my transitions for about four songs in the middle. :shrug:

Axver said:

Yeah, but it opens with Friends Are Evil by Jesu. Ever heard that beast? :wink:

Jesu? Is that the guy from Godflesh, Broderick? If it is, looking forward to hearing it. Use to like Godflesh, just haven't kept up.

If it's not, I still like the title :wink:

hardyharhar said:

Jesu? Is that the guy from Godflesh, Broderick? If it is, looking forward to hearing it. Use to like Godflesh, just haven't kept up.

If it's not, I still like the title :wink:

Yeah, Jesu's the new band of Justin K. Broadrick. Damn good stuff too, with shoegazer influence - particularly in the Silver EP and Conqueror album. The Heart Ache EP and self-titled album are closer to drone doom. I haven't heard the latest EP yet.

Friends Are Evil is fucking intense. Possibly the heaviest song I have.

I need to get some Godflesh; haven't heard any yet.

I have an idea, a whole folder full of songs, and a headache already, imagining trying to whittle it down to 60-80 minutes.

Here's a random question. You know when you say it has to be officially released in some capacity? How would that work when dealing with a classical piece?

Are we looking at "officially released" from the performer's standpoint, or does it just have to be officially released somewhere, composer-wise?

i.e., could I use a Debussy piano piece that I'm performing because there are commercially available versions of that particular piece, or would my recording have to be commercially available? (Because, like, it's totally not. :lol: )

Last edited:
I just came up with my title and cover in the last fifteen minutes after struggling to figure it out for three days.

But now it all makes sense...

Yeah, how developed should the concept be?

Mine's turning out to be like a film synopsis. :lol:

I'm not good at concepts. I start with an idea and it ends up being more about mood and flow.

Plus, I suck at titles. I'm going to have to think hard about this one. If I pick one that suits the mood of the mix, it's probably going to sound ridiculous and full of forced pretention. Ugh.

Titles are a bitch to come up with.

For every "Wrath of Khan" there's about 15 "Deadly Killer!"s.

"Moonlight Moods" sounds like a Time/Life album featuring music from the 1950s.

"Untitled No. 3" makes me sound like a tool. :wink:

I'm so close to just ripping off one of my favorite Pulp Fiction lines and name it

"A Moment of Clarity" or some derivative.

Mine will probably be something akin to "On The Run: Always Forever Now And Other Assorted Love Songs" :wink:

Or maybe "Suspicion And Intrigue" would be better. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom