The Highjackers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
simmons.jpg

Oni povas plej bone difini la filozofion per la demandoj, kiujn ĝi provas respondi. Fakte, "Kio estas filozofio?" mem estas filozofia demando. Aliaj tipe filozofiaj demandoj estas jenaj:

* Kio estas vero? Kial aŭ kiel ni fiksas ke iu frazo estas vera aŭ malvera, kaj kiel ni rezonas?

* Ĉu scio eblas? Kiel ni scias kion ni scias?

* Ĉu estas iu diferenco inter morale ĝustaj kaj malĝustaj agoj? Se jes, kia estas la diferenco? Ĉu moralo estas absoluta aŭ relativa? Kiel mi vivu?

* Kion siginfas esti bela? Kiel belaj aferoj diferencas de ĉiutagaj aferoj? Kio estas arto?

* Ĉu ekzistas unu Dio, pluraj dioj, aŭ neniu? Ĉu ni havas animon, kiu pludaŭras post nia morto?

How to Avoid Eating All Your Valentine's Day Chocolate in One Sitting

Indulging your sweet tooth on the day dedicated to love wouldn't be such a crime if Valentine's Day didn't follow so closely on the heels of December's dietary decadence - and your New Year's resolutions to control the cravings. Here's how to make the sweetness last longer than the time it takes to fully unwrap the box of chocolates.

Steps:

1. Purchase an attractive tin container or airtight jar to keep the candy in so you'll maintain maximum freshness for the next couple of weeks.

2. Approach the chocolate as you would an Advent calendar on the first of December. Eat one piece of chocolate a day, savoring every bite fully. Then place the box, jar or tin back out of sight, lest you be tempted to snack.

3. Survey the contents of your chocolate box, picking out a select few for you to enjoy for the next couple of days. Graciously distribute the rest among your co-workers and friends.

4. Give the candy to your roommate, domestic partner or trusted co-worker to hide from you. You will probably be too embarrassed to ask for the chocolate more than once a day, which will help keep you in line. Prepare to share.

5. Keep the candy in an airtight baggie in the freezer. The increased inaccessibility will make pigging out all the more difficult. Take one piece out as you prepare dinner, so by the time dessert rolls around, the candy will be adequately thawed.

6. Store the candy in your locker at the gym, in the glove compartment of your car, or in other places where you spend limited amounts of time. That way you'll have less access, ensuring that the candy lasts longer.

7. Throw a cocktail party the first weekend after Valentine's Day and place the candy out for guests. If you have leftovers toward the end of the evening, be sure to wrap the candy up and give it to one of your guests to enjoy.

Tips:
If you blow it and devour the entire box of chocolates in one sitting, don't be too hard on yourself and don't dwell on your decadence. After all, it's just one day of gorging. Balance out your splurge by eating healthy salads, other greens, fish and grains for the next couple of days.

Warnings:
Eating the entire box in one sitting will likely make you feel ill in the abdominal region and, especially if you're female, guilty in the head. If you must indulge, do so at your own risk.

Everytime I look up
I see it in your face
U wanna hook up wit me
U know U wanna hook up-stop playin
Instead of acting like U supposed to
U cop an attitude like you're too good for me
And U know good and well that

If I wanted I could take U from ya man
With my eyes closed
I could have U eatin out the palm of mah hand
And all your little girlfriends too
Yes I can and I will if I-If I want to