The Heroes/Villains Tournament of Champions - Planning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you really think the Force is going to be impactful against a robot who is bigger than planets? I mean, I am down with the force and all, but, yeah.

I think you, like Galvatron, are underestimating Unicron. Did you watch the clip???

It's just like blasting womprats with the T-16 back home, they're no longer than 2 meters.

lazarus said:
If he has an exhaust shaft he ain't gonna last for too long with that weak spot.

Vader loses a light sabre due to a whiny guy who THINKS he's a Jedi with Jedi skillz until Phantom Menace came out and in the first 15 minutes you get to see what an actual Jedi is capable of.

Unicron drinks Vader's Milkshake.

One time Unicron had a pain in his flank.....turns out, he had a kidney stone......eventually, he passed that stone, except the stone was Yoda, who he had eaten, by fucking accident.

No spoken words said:

Vader loses a light sabre due to a whiny guy who THINKS he's a Jedi with Jedi skillz until Phantom Menace came out and in the first 15 minutes you get to see what an actual Jedi is capable of.

Unicron drinks Vader's Milkshake.

It could be argued that Vader wasn't fighting as hard because Luke was getting to him psychologically/emotionally, and letting his guard down allowed Luke's rage to defeat him.

But yeah, you'd probably want to take Yoda.

Or Palpatine.

lazarus said:

It could be argued that Vader wasn't fighting as hard because Luke was getting to him psychologically/emotionally, and letting his guard down allowed Luke's rage to defeat him.

But yeah, you'd probably want to take Yoda.

Or Palpatine.

Or Darth Maul.

Palpatine offed 3 Jedi in like 15 seconds, though.

This shit is happening. And it's happening with a vengeance.

I'll give you guys until Sunday to keep tossing in ideas, then I'll make a thread with everyone listed and we'll vote on who actually goes in. Deal?

Okay then for villains I'd add:

Apocalypse (X-Men 90's animated series)
The Apocalypse episodes from that show were so good. Beyond Good & Evil should have been a full length film. Bryan Singer should have watched these episodes before making the X-Men films.

Akira (from the Japanese classic Akira)
One of the more tragic villains. He really deserves mention.

Heroes:

The Man played by Charles Bronson (Once Upon A Time In The West)
The man with the harmonica really deserves mention.

Calibos. He looks like a bad ass but he would probably be out early.
af_cott1_calibos_L.jpg

Are Ledger's Joker and Nicholson's Joker separate?

Good question. When we determine the final cut, we'll decide which iteration of the character makes it in. The same will go for James Bond and other characters played by multiple actors or in different media.

Well it's the character, isn't it? If you're voting for The Joker it's for his role in the comics as well as the film.

Same with James Bond. I don't see the need to single out a particular version.

Well it's the character, isn't it? If you're voting for The Joker it's for his role in the comics as well as the film.

Same with James Bond. I don't see the need to single out a particular version.

True, but it makes it easier to evaluate on a case-by-case basis if we come to the consensus on which version of that character we see.

Would you rather go into a fistfight against Ledger's Joker or Nicholson's Joker? Or Keaton's Batman and Bale's Batman, for example.

I think it makes it easier, but if you guys disagree, we can ditch the idea entirely.

Back
Top Bottom