The Great White North

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:
Two blizzards for St. John's in a row. :hyper:

I almost clipped a couple of joggers on my way home from work. :(

The roads are so narrow in places, and the snow-clearing is so bad for a big city. I think it's supposed to warm again for the weekend. The joggers will welcome this.

If there's a good thing about cold weather, it's that coffee somehow tastes even better than normal. :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:
Oh fuck yah :drool:

EDIT: KIDS IN THE HALL on youtube!!!

Horny Boss sketch
Dr. Seuss bible skit
Jesus - the bad carpenter
Surviving a grizzly bear attack

:lol:

:drool: :drool:

The grizzly guy in the last one resembles a very large and disheveled Eddie Vedder. Those guys were so great. I never did see their movie, Brain Candy, but I should check it out.

This is my personal favourite KITH skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc86YZy83Og

"second page"...?

:hmm:

Now it seems Cape Bretoners are thinking of demanding "nationhood", too.

Having been to Cape Breton, I'd have to say that while most of the (old-timer) residents are rather quirky, an old CB miner not much different than an old Eastern Shore fisherman. The idea that they're a distinct nation is ludicrous, there are so many different cultures on that tiny island (Scottish, French Acadian - huge amounts, Irish, English, Native - largest reserve in Canada) that calling Cape Breton one "nation" makes no more sense than calling them all "Canadian".

I, for one, consider my nation to be Canada - and I'm fucking proud of it.

I have a feeling plenty of Newfoundlanders will be kicking up a big fuss about this "nation" thing as well...the "Free NFLD" shirts everyone wears are going to be popping up all over the show. As if there weren't enough of them to begin with.

Quebec always ruins everything. :wink: At least they've got a good NHL team.

Back
Top Bottom