The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him..in Randoomdadoomdoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VIKTORY!!!!!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!

:crack: thanks for the STRESSFUL 2nd half, as usual. I think from now on we need to eliminate half time for all Viking games because something seems to happen to them in the 3rd quarter where they feel the need to let the other team score a few unanswered TD's.

7-1 at the bye week works for me :up: This VIKINGS girl is happy. :yes:

Sorry bout the loss Shari. Good match today. Hope your #12 didn't get beat up too badly....

Ah ya, bye weeks suck.
We play Tampa. Maybe we can beat another sucky team.

The Vikings own the Pack in 2009

Am hoping #12 is ok, myself.
Now I will listen to post game on the radio to see if anything is said. Flynn taking the last snaps I understand but it makes me nervous since they didn't show #12
Why they didn't pressure Favre in the first half, I can't figure out.

Ah ya, bye weeks suck.
We play Tampa. Maybe we can beat another sucky team.

The Vikings own the Pack in 2009

I love how people like Terry Bradshaw, who is someone that has been very vocal on Brett's indecision, and the rest of the FOX pregame guys said there's no way the Vikings will be the better team in the NFC north this year. But then today at half time made a comment about how dominant the Vikings have been this year. I'll be the first to admit they've won some games they should have lost but they certainly don't suck like most of these sports guys would like to think they do. Also, I love how he said something like the Packers only have the record they do this year because GB beat some really bad teams. NOW the truth comes out. Until today the FOX guys have been saying the Vikings aren't all that and the Pack will eventually be the better team. Maybe....but for 2009, the Vikings kicked some major Green Bay ass.

Good description:

He holds the ball too long and takes a lot of sacks, but Aaron Rodgers is a tough SOB. Not all of his wounds were self-inflicted.

I was more nervous when Brett took over for Majkowski all those years ago than I ever have been w/ Aaron Rodgers

I love how people like Terry Bradshaw, who is someone that has been very vocal on Brett's indecision, and the rest of the FOX pregame guys said there's no way the Vikings will be the better team in the NFC north this year. But then today at half time made a comment about how dominant the Vikings have been this year. I'll be the first to admit they've won some games they should have lost but they certainly don't suck like most of these sports guys would like to think they do. Also, I love how he said something like the Packers only have the record they do this year because GB beat some really bad teams. NOW the truth comes out. Until today the FOX guys have been saying the Vikings aren't all that and the Pack will eventually be the better team. Maybe....but for 2009, the Vikings kicked some major Green Bay ass.

They get paid the big bucks for the analysis :tsk: The sports guys down here were saying at the beginning of the season that the Vikings were the best team in the division.

They get paid the big bucks for the analysis :tsk: The sports guys down here were saying at the beginning of the season that the Vikings were the best team in the division.

before their one and only loss last week, most of these sports guys on all the networks were saying that out of all the teams that have not lost yet, the Vikings are the worst. :shrug: I don't get it.....but I guess I don't really care to get it.

oh now Terry Bradshaw is trying to say positive things about Brett and the Vikings. :angry: Stop talking. Let's replay all the BS you said 2 months ago....I guess maybe I do care what they say. :angry:

"This team has a long way to go, it is not the '96 team that went to the Super Bowl..............."

But he insulted the '96 team in something he said a week ago, saying that the team he is on now is better than previous team he ever played on. Gotta tell ya the '96 team did not like that comment at all.

:banghead: The man makes my head hurt and I don't need that.

Sports writer from down here tweeting

Favre leaves arm in arm with Longwell to mostly boos.

mjs-packers02_-spt_-sieu_-3-packers.jpg

had to run a few errands today so I found myself at Kohls after my last stop of the morning. Saw this in the Vikings section:

4president.jpg

:hmm:

I still haven't worn my Favre tee yet. I'm thinking about doing that one of these days. I'm totally on the Favre lovefest right now. I really didn't think I would be no matter what he did to help out my team. But after being 7-1 this week I know there's no way in the hell we would have that record with other quarterbacks on our team. :love:4:love:

One of the news anchors last night made a comment about the booing at Lambeau. I wasn't surprised to hear it from Packer fans but this person was. She said after 16 of creating joy in that stadium they really should have showed some respect, no matter what color he wears now. He was going to be let go from the team but still wants to play. I've said all along you can't fault him for that. Would they have boo'd him if he were still in a Jets uniform? Anways, I kind of agree with the news person's statement but I would have been shocked if he would have received any other reception by Packer fans. I don't think Packer fans boo Ryan Longwell.....nor do I think they boo'd Darren Sharper the last 3 seasons. :shrug:

I really want a Vikings jersey but the mens are just way too long and the only womens ones I can ever find are those stupid pink and yellow ones. So I tried on a boys size and it sort of fit. Not completely to the point that I'd spend that much money on one but I guess it's an option. The Vikings website has the purple ones in womens sizes but they are so tapered in the pics that they just look they would be super fitted. :(

I think it's really sad that the highlight of my day today is going to be watching Kate on TLC tonight while flipping over to MNF. :| That is unless someone calls me about coming in for an interview....but I'm not holding my breath. It's already 3:30 and no calls today. :angry: :sad:

Lol, yes I meant "beat":lol:

It's hard typing on a laptop with a kitty on your lap :shifty:

I wish Lily would do that :grumpy: She doesn't like to be held for more than 30 seconds.

She's currently laying on my bed snoring soooooooo loud. I don't know how a tiny creature can make so much noise when they sleep. :crack:

had to run a few errands today so I found myself at Kohls after my last stop of the morning. Saw this in the Vikings section:

4president.jpg

:hmm:

I still haven't worn my Favre tee yet. I'm thinking about doing that one of these days. I'm totally on the Favre lovefest right now. I really didn't think I would be no matter what he did to help out my team. But after being 7-1 this week I know there's no way in the hell we would have that record with other quarterbacks on our team. :love:4:love:

One of the news anchors last night made a comment about the booing at Lambeau. I wasn't surprised to hear it from Packer fans but this person was. She said after 16 of creating joy in that stadium they really should have showed some respect, no matter what color he wears now. He was going to be let go from the team but still wants to play. I've said all along you can't fault him for that. Would they have boo'd him if he were still in a Jets uniform? Anways, I kind of agree with the news person's statement but I would have been shocked if he would have received any other reception by Packer fans. I don't think Packer fans boo Ryan Longwell.....nor do I think they boo'd Darren Sharper the last 3 seasons. :shrug:

I really want a Vikings jersey but the mens are just way too long and the only womens ones I can ever find are those stupid pink and yellow ones. So I tried on a boys size and it sort of fit. Not completely to the point that I'd spend that much money on one but I guess it's an option. The Vikings website has the purple ones in womens sizes but they are so tapered in the pics that they just look they would be super fitted. :(

Interesting t-shirt.
The intense rivalry that is between MN/GB is what really fuels this. Packer fans have a tough time wrapping their brains around Favre in purple. I don't think Favre fully gets it. A lot of GB fans still think he did this out of revenge. Brett wanted MN the year he played for the Jets but couldn't wrangle it. Bob Harlan (former CEO/COB of the Packers) couldn't attend the game...........he knows what Brett meant to GB and couldn't stomach hearing him booed but he fully understood why GB would boo him.
I know fans weren't happy w/ Sharpers mouth. He always was a talker. Longwell? In GB's eyes he is just a lowly punter. Favre was the leader. The man. Favre and Reggie :( Mostly Favre, though.
Did you see the short icy reception between Favre and McCarthy after the game? McCarthy congratulated him but blew by doing it.

I am at the point of I really don't care. Thanks for the good times, but bye. We are done. I still think that Ted T, Mike M and Brett are all equally at fault. Favre just cried wolf too many times about retirement so GB moved on. MM and TT handled it poorly. Aaron was caught in the middle of all this crap.

I don't know if that is coherent. Migraine brain is present. I should regain use of brain by the end of the week. :yawn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom