The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him..in Randoomdadoomdoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeks ago NY MSG, Milwaukee, Buffalo were the 3 cities that were unannounced albums for the final Bruce shows. Milwaukee ended up going BTR at the request of Bradley Center President. He sent out e-mail saying as much. Whether it is true or not, who knows.

MSG and Buffalo were left. MSG went WIESS and The River. Buffalo, the last show, is still not announced.

It just makes me wonder if Bruce was going to pull out a different album for Milwaukee that hadn't been played such as Nebraska, Greetings, Tracks or even WIESS (It wasn't announced as a MSG album until a couple weeks after Milwaukee went BTR..

The other reason I wonder is that Chicago had been BTR, Cleveland went BTR, Detroit went BTR.

Just pondering this as I watch/listen to NY City Serenade on You Tube and hear the gorgeous strings and the emotion w/ which Bruce is singing this and the band is playing.............envy hit and I got to wondering............

Honestly, I don't think there is a song I would complain about hearing :shrug:

Bobby Jean is another song they complain about. I don't think it is a bad song, it just ends up being questionably placed in a show.

The countdown e-mails to the co-worker have begun. He got She's The One
YouTube - Springsteen - She's the One - The Spectrum October 19, 2009

He thought he could escape my hyperness by going on call. K don't really know me too well :D

I love when Bruce breaks out the harmonica :love:
I know the odds of me being elbows on the stage are slim, but I have hope and it blows my mind to think of the potential :combust:

I agree, but at the same time I have to wonder how many people say that about Pride, With or Without You, Elevation, etc. :lol:

True :lol:

I have to admit, the last time I went to a Springsteen show, he played a lot of songs that I didn't know. As the "casual" Springsteen fan, I felt a little lost and wanted a few more songs I knew - the people at Backstreets probably feel differently :wink:.

Backstreets def. feels differently. They are fretting about tonights show ~ The River.
Casual fan vs. die-hard........they actually have a thread about it.

I have always enjoyed Bruce music. March 17,2008 is when I fell and fell hard for it. All it took was a live performance. I was hooked. He played It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City and I remember being kind of lost but just sitting back and watching the GA crowd go nuts. There were gasps coming from the area I was sitting in. I came home and read the setlist party for that show and everyone was just amazed that he would play that song let alone play it in Milwaukee. I listened to the song on the CD and then the bootleg when it came out. Good stuff and I now fully understand the GA crowd going nuts for it.

Meeting Across The River got the same reaction. I had also never heard it before and now it is a favorite of mine. Bruce getting the original bass player on the song on BTR, Richard Davis was amazing to witness. I am hoping that Mr. Davis will be back to help perform it next Sunday......after all it is just a 90 minute drive from Madison to Milwaukee. Heck J can drive him in :shifty:
Some of the people in the thread said for some reason Milwaukee is his midwest Philly. I have a feeling that it dates back to the Bomb Scare Show, cuz he really enjoyed himself during that one.

I have so much to do but I can't seem to turn the game off. :mad: I wasn't even going to turn the TV after I got ready for the day (I slept until noon :reject: ) but went into the kitchen to make some toast and suddenly the TV was turn on and now I'm watching the game. I must go run a few errands for my appointment tomorrow :barf: Need a few supplies.

^ :madwife:

Is it w/ the same dislike (hatred) that I have for Sexy Boots :wink: ?

Um....if that means you think Sexy Boots in one of U2's worst songs then yes, we can compare songs :yes: I really can't stand Human Touch but I will say there's very few songs by Bruce that I don't like. I don't have a lot of his stuff on cd, mostly his current work and some greatest hits stuff, but what I do have has always been very enjoyable. Just this one song makes me :barf: :yuck:

I agree, but at the same time I have to wonder how many people say that about Pride, With or Without You, Elevation, etc. :lol:

it's funny because I'm always hoping they'll play something other than With or Without You but then when I'm actually at a show listening to them play it live right in front of me I :heart: it. It has some lovely guitar work by Edge and that's always my favorite part of live U2. I don't think I would ever complain about songs played at a U2 show I'm attending. They're my absolute favorite and they just can't do anything wrong in my book. However, there's plenty of songs they could skip in order to put New Years Day back into the setlist!!!!!! :madwife: I have high hopes for next year! :yes:

Um....if that means you think Sexy Boots in one of U2's worst songs then yes, we can compare songs :yes: I really can't stand Human Touch but I will say there's very few songs by Bruce that I don't like. I don't have a lot of his stuff on cd, mostly his current work and some greatest hits stuff, but what I do have has always been very enjoyable. Just this one song makes me :barf: :yuck:

Mmmmmk we are in agreement :shifty: Cuz I really can't stand Sexy Boots. Same :barf::yuck: reaction.
Goes the same way for U2, very few songs I don't care for.

Happy erranding!

Nervous football Nellie here. Only winning by 4 at half :crack:

Southwest just started flying out of Milw. Every other commercial seems to be a Southwest commercial :crack:

I am waiting for a older woman to classify themself as a old "bag" and walk up to the counter at Southwest and demand to fly free. If it happens it will be Southwests welcome to Milwaukee from Milwaukeeans *cheap, thrifty* & that's what they get for running commercials saying bags fly free.

Tauscher out. Re-injures knee :( :scream:

Interception ='s me openly weeping

Yeah, couldn't go thru a whole game w/out mentioning the "F" word, thanks announcers

Tauscher, who was doing a fairly decent job at protecting Rodgers-out, Kampmann has a head injury...................:lol:

OMG

We are going to lose to Tampa........:lol:

Can't wait for the Lions
:lol:

cartoon_754.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom