The Great Interland Oscar Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:
I think Babel will win Best Picture.

Doubt it...I think the Departed will win it...cause my dad told me that whoever wins Best Editing most likely will win Best Picture. But again I could eat my words :wink:

I honestly think that Forrest Whittaker deserved his Oscar. From what I've seen on the trailers....he really gives a good performance.

I liked that Jennifer H and Forrest seemed so genuinely surprised with their awards. I hate it when someone appears to be a lock, and they're all put-together for their speech. Gimme some emotion!

George Lucas does not deserve to be on the stage with those two guys. He is a great marketer but not a great director.

marty marty marty marty marty ....

YAY!!!!

:hyper:

He is Susan Lucci no more.

George Lucas should have any and all rewards revoked for the mess he made of the Star Wars saga.

corianderstem said:
I know! It's so cool what they're doing, but still .... it creeps me out just a little.

:reject:

At the same time, I want to see them without the backdrop - how are they DOING that?

OMG the Pogues in a TV commercial!

what's it for?

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

:lol: :yes:

I wished they given it to him SOONER!!!

I have to admit...I didn't know that he HADN'T one an oscar by this time. with all the movies he's made, I kinda figured he must have won a few in his time. :ohmy:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Doubt it...I think the Departed will win it...cause my dad told me that whoever wins Best Editing most likely will win Best Picture. But again I could eat my words :wink:

I honestly think that Forrest Whittaker deserved his Oscar. From what I've seen on the trailers....he really gives a good performance.

Usually but this is an unusual Oscar year with no single film really dominating all the categories. Dreamgirls had the most noms and didn't get any for the top 4 categories.

Usually the winning film sends a strong message of some sort.

Scorsese deserves the Oscar but probably not for the Departed. This is definitely a career award slipped under the cover of the Departed.

I think at this point even Martin Scorsese knows it's kind of a blanket career award.

But good for him. At least it was for this and not Gangs of New York.

Okay, here we go ...

anything but LMS ... anything but LMS ... anything but LMS ...

Oh my, Diane Keaton finally dressed up nicely for an awards show! Doesn't she usually look really sloppy and weird at these things?

corianderstem said:

But good for him. At least it was for this and not Gangs of New York.

Agreed but somewhere they must talk about stuff like this knowing he has done better work and not earned the award.

I disagree with the selection this year. I think with such a loose race though, the final results were probably very close between all 5 films.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I guess I was sorta right :reject:

No, it was not one of the ones favoured though by the "experts" either. Most figured it was going to be Babel, or the Queen. But at least everyone won something which is nice, isn't it.

T-t-t-t-t-hat's all, folks!!!!!!!!!

I thought Ellen was a little understated, but did a fine job. I liked her interactions with Clint Eastwood and the bit with the vacuum cleaner.

Goodnight, all! Glad I had a few people to chat with for running commentary. :wink:

Ooh, one last shallow moment:

George Clooney ...
Clive Owen ...
Hugh Jackman ...
Ken Watanabe ...

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom