the good the bad and the queen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
damon albarn must have no life.

their self-titled album just came out, and i can't remember seeing any threads on it.

anyone else have it? thoughts?

i just bought it today, and i love it. history song is such a good opener... very unassuming, if that makes any sense.

it's a unique feel, it doesn't remind me of blur or gorillaz at all.

I've got it, but I haven't been able to give it more than a couple listens so far. I'll remedy that tonight or tomorrow.

I got the free song off iTunes...it was alright, kinda atmospheric. Reminded me of the Gorillaz song El Manana (gee, I wonder why)

so is the album worth getting?

I've only given it one half-attentive spin and loved what I was hearing. Very much looking forward to giving it a proper go tonight.

Produced by Danger Mouse as well, so, like Albarn, when the fuck do these guys sleep???

Oooh, I really liked Herculean.

I think the whole thing is much more Think Tank than Gorillaz though. But again, I've only had the chance to give it one half of a background spin since I bought it on the weekend.

MrBrau1 said:
Herculean

I don't think much of the "Gorilla" albums, so it was an uphill battle to start with.

it's much more in the vein of blur than gorillaz though, in my opinion.

vaz02 said:
Wot type of music is it ? brit pop ?

i'm not good at describing stuff like this

maybe it's brit pop

i dont know what that even is anymore.

i just love "a soldier's tale"

beautiful... just gorgeous. i think anyway.

Wake up feeling good
Go to bed frequently lost in the wood
A soldier's tale of soul winning love
No drunken stuff spewing out of my mouth
All over now out

Birdsong in the night
The sound drags a net through the twilight
Emptiness in computers bothers me
These are the seas in our minds
We make our own confine in time

Last edited:
It's not britpop if you are thinking 90's Blur. It's definitely 00's Albarn, definitely from the same family as Think Tank and Demon Days.

The Pitchfork review (I know, I know) says it sounds, like much of his stuff, like it's from the both pre and post apocolyptic world of a film like Children of Men. Which I think is kinda true.

i do wish they had more real laid back songs though... more in the vein of a soldiers tale, el manana, sweet song, out of time, etc.

nevertheless, diss shis PISSES

(that's a compliment)

damon albarn deserves a thread of his own.

who wants to make one?
i really don't want to

the man is a true crooner when he wants to be. quite possibly my favourite singer in the entire world. i can't think of anyone i like better.

this album is solid from front to back... gets better and better with each listen.

ok, bear, ok! i'll give it a try just 'cause you said so.

now back off, alright? :angry:

Back
Top Bottom