The Gabba, Brisbane Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, something called the Ceres Community Farm Gathering, I think... *opens FB again* There's a cafe there too?

Don't know them... but ouch!

Oh, the CERES thing is by Merri Creek off Blyth Street, between Lygon Street and St Georges Road. We walked around there once, though didn't go into the cafe.

... goddamnit, I've forgotten the sites I used last year to find AFL and rugby streams!

Would it be hypocritical of me to give up on the Hawks for the season as quickly as you gave up on the Crows in that game? :wink:

I don't know, you decide.

For me, optimism can turn into pessimism within a matter of minutes when it comes to football. I can't be blamed for expecting to be thrashed at the time. :lol:

I am so tempted by this 3-DVDs-for-$30 thing at Border's this weekend, even if probably everything will be gone by now.

I wonder if my housemates are awake yet so I can have a shower...

Can you try espn3.com? I can give you login info if you need it.

It re-routes me to the Aussie one, alas. Don't think the Aussie one's showing the game, since other pay channels (namely Fox Sports) have the rights here.

Managed to track down one of the sites I usually use, myp2p.eu, and alas, they don't seem to have a Bombers vs Dogs link for today.

Goddamnit I need Foxtel.

Never knew it'd be this hard to find online coverage of the game! Well, at least Essendon's now kicking the shit out of the Dogs.

It re-routes me to the Aussie one, alas. Don't think the Aussie one's showing the game, since other pay channels (namely Fox Sports) have the rights here.
Poo.

Never knew it'd be this hard to find online coverage of the game! Well, at least Essendon's now kicking the shit out of the Dogs.

SPOILERS!!!! :angry:

I must admit, I'm one of these people who has almost utterly no ability to watch sport that isn't live.

I concede. As long as I'm on the thread, footy scores wil be spoiled for me.

Haha, I can spoiler-tag it. Just personally, I've always had trouble watching delayed coverage. Short delays, like how AFL is delayed 30 minutes in Melbourne when the game is being played at a venue here, I can cop. But I can't watch well after the fact. My heart's just not in it. To me, watching sport that isn't live would be like putting on a tape of an episode of the nightly news from 3 October 2009.

I remember there've been a few occasions where we'd be playing at 12:30 on a Sunday afternoon, yet the coverage began at 4:30 for whatever reason.

To me, watching sport that isn't live would be like putting on a tape of an episode of the nightly news from 3 October 2009.

According to Wikipedia, nothing happened on that day anyway.

However, this occurred on the 15th of October, 2009:

"15 October – A six-month-old baby survives when his pram rolls off the platform at Ashburton railway station, Melbourne and is struck by the approaching train."

According to Wikipedia, nothing happened on that day anyway.

However, this occurred on the 15th of October, 2009:

"15 October – A six-month-old baby survives when his pram rolls off the platform at Ashburton railway station, Melbourne and is struck by the approaching train."

Oh good, I was wondering if I'd managed to choose a day when something momentous actually DID happen.

And hahaha, don't ask what the misanthrope in me thought about that.

Alisaura said:
Ah, that explains why there was a queue outside the Apple store on Flinders St that I never knew was there. Did you end up going to Melb after all?
Not sure I can be bothered catching up on 12 pages of sport talk... :reject:

Yeah came down late Friday, got home late last night!

Dude, my mom just trolled somebody on Facebook Chat. I'm proud.

Hey Alison, did you get my message on Facebook? Think we're probably out for tonight, sorry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom