The Gabba, Brisbane Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_man2002 said:
4/5 Tips. Hawthorn let me down. I'll be putting a blog entry down for todays game tomorrow.

Same, I had Brisbane the fucking useless pricks :rant:

Link!

bono_man2002 said:
Also, bloody U2! One Tree Hill? Fuck me. :combust:

They really could have played that instead of acoustic Stuck at Melb II :rant:

I believe I'm 5/5 with my tips. What do I get if all of them are right?

Man, so Brissie went down in the end? Fucking close game though, and they were much more accurate than Freo. Promise you they won't be wooden spooners. Not even bottom three. For a team in need of serious rebuilding, this is a much more positive start to the season than a flogging. They've gone the distance here.

And holy shit Sri Lanka, way to flog England and put the fear of god in New Zealand ahead of the semi!

Haha, I don't mind them losing, its clear they were playing a close game.

And holy shit Butler is in the final four again, and that game was sexy.

I was partly addressing "injury depleted future wooden spooners" from Bonnie. Because, really? I just don't see it.

Essendon play tonight, right? :hyper: I'm not missing that game, no matter what.

Axver said:
I was partly addressing "injury depleted future wooden spooners" from Bonnie. Because, really? I just don't see it.

Geelong and St.Kilda will be wodden spooners at this rate, especially the saints, okay they can defend, but ya gotta score :wink:

Essendon play tonight, right? :hyper: I'm not missing that game, no matter what.

They do! ... and the telly here is showing Melbourne vs Sydney instead. :grumpy:

Geelong and St.Kilda will be wodden spooners at this rate, especially the saints, okay they can defend, but ya gotta score :wink:

Haha.

I'm not sure who I think will get the wooden spoon. I just don't think it'll be Richmond or Brisbane, and the AFL has basically set it all up so that the Gold Coast definitely won't either. I'd like to say North Melbourne, just because to me they're the biggest non-entity. If there's one team I routinely forget about and that seems to have absolutely no fans anywhere, it's them. But that's just my attitude; no doubt they'll end up somewhere around 10th-12th.

They did indeed end up being a super hipster band...and are randomly covering toxicity by soad....no.

Another indie band. This one minus one member who had a prior engagement. Wonder how that works.

Another indie band. This one minus one member who had a prior engagement. Wonder how that works.

When I saw Tim Finn last month, one of the support bands was actually just half of the band. Which meant that the keyboardist covered for the entire rhythm section with a single kick drum that he kicked through every song.

You can imagine how well that didn't work.

Oh my God the hipsteriest hipster who ever hipstered is up and he's a solo act. Cannot wait to hear what this sounds like.

I'm suddenly reminded of Billie Joe playing drums astonishingly badly while Tre took over the stage at a few gigs in their early days.

Oh my God the hipsteriest hipster who ever hipstered is up and he's a solo act. Cannot wait to hear what this sounds like.

Not Geoffrey O'Connor of The Crayon Fields by any chance? Because he's certainly the hipsteriest contender I've ever seen for the hipsterish title of hipsteriest hipster who ever hipstered.

Travis can hardly contain himself. I'm pretty sure he's going to start rolling on the ground laughing at any moment.

Traviud, I swear to god whenever you get your arse down here I'm taking you to see The Crayon Fields because you'll fucking die at their hipsterness.

If you've ever seen The IT Crowd, you'll get what I mean when I say the frontman IS cavort.

I wanted to sit way in the back, but noooooooo. This guy's hairline is receding at 20. I have no idea what to do with myself.

Axver said:
Traviud, I swear to god whenever you get your arse down here I'm taking you to see The Crayon Fields because you'll fucking die at their hipsterness.

If you've ever seen The IT Crowd, you'll get what I mean when I say the frontman IS cavort.

They look like just about everyone here, but they someone got "famous," so that makes it worse, somehow.

I swear to God, if another song lazily uses nananananana or ooohhooohohhoohohhh or miscellaneous vocalization as a chorus, acoustic guitars will be smashed. They don't know how to use them properly.

AX, Ali wants to know if you and Charlot are coming to John Steel Singers tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom