The Esses, Mount Panorama, Bathurst, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a male engineer point of view

I find with most train travels, myself included, that they are looking forward to a nice, long ride.

One taking the scenic route to enjoy all the sights and sounds of the region?

And Lowndesy and Whincup win the Bathurst 1000! :hyper:

God, those last few laps were awesome.

Woops, it seems none of us posted this earlier:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,003
User Name Posts
Axver 290
WildHoney 162
Serena Vox 113
Galeongirl 79
bono_212 78
liamcool 70
RavenBlue 51
Irishteen 39
partygirlvox 22
Purplereign 20
the tourist 20
Screwtape2 19
Babydoll 13
DreamOutLoud13 12
cinnaminson 10
No spoken words 4
Lemonchick 1

And Lowndesy and Whincup win the Bathurst 1000! :hyper:

God, those last few laps were awesome.

Awesome thread title!

I think my stupid mum and sister didn't put a new tape in when the last one ran out, so you can you tell me what happened in the last few, mentioning only Whincup/Lowndes and Murphy/Richards??

Awesome thread title!

I think my stupid mum and sister didn't put a new tape in when the last one ran out, so you can you tell me what happened in the last few, mentioning only Whincup/Lowndes and Murphy/Richards??

Hehe, I knew you'd like this location.

Oh man, that's crap. Basically, Lowndes was leading strongly, and with a few laps to go, Murphy managed to get past ... god, I can't even remember who now, and made a charge for Lowndes. He was about three seconds behind, and it simply was too big a gap, even though he tried his guts out. D'Alberto, in sixth with only about three laps to go, spun out at the top of Mountain Straight and it looked like we were going to see yet another safety car, but he managed to get his car moving again and that meant Murphy never got close enough to seriously threaten Lowndes in the last two laps.

Hehe, I knew you'd like this location.

Oh man, that's crap. Basically, Lowndes was leading strongly, and with a few laps to go, Murphy managed to get past ... god, I can't even remember who now, and made a charge for Lowndes. He was about three seconds behind, and it simply was too big a gap, even though he tried his guts out. D'Alberto, in sixth with only about three laps to go, spun out at the top of Mountain Straight and it looked like we were going to see yet another safety car, but he managed to get his car moving again and that meant Murphy never got close enough to seriously threaten Lowndes in the last two laps.

Shattered absolutely shattered would have loved for Murph to get up :(

So was it generally a good race? Packed with incidents and good racing I hope?

Shattered absolutely shattered would have loved for Murph to get up :(

So was it generally a good race? Packed with incidents and good racing I hope?

Of all the Holden drivers, Murph's probably the one I like the most, but I'm quite happy with the way things turned out, of course!

The first two thirds of the race were mostly technical, no big incidents or anything and at one point it was on track to be the quickest Bathurst by a considerable margin. The weather was very good, the only concern was that it proved a little hotter than forecast. But then once fatigue started to take its toll on both the cars and drivers, things became more tense in the final third and the safety car came out numerous times in short succession - though still no huge crashes. The big one on Friday remains the most spectacular incident from the year. The guys who finished in the top five all really deserved it and drove pretty impressively on the last few laps.

Of all the Holden drivers, Murph's probably the one I like the most, but I'm quite happy with the way things turned out, of course!

The first two thirds of the race were mostly technical, no big incidents or anything and at one point it was on track to be the quickest Bathurst by a considerable margin. The weather was very good, the only concern was that it proved a little hotter than forecast. But then once fatigue started to take its toll on both the cars and drivers, things became more tense in the final third and the safety car came out numerous times in short succession - though still no huge crashes. The big one on Friday remains the most spectacular incident from the year. The guys who finished in the top five all really deserved it and drove pretty impressively on the last few laps.

Murph can be a bit of whinge, but for some reason I really like him.

Ah okay cool :up: Problem is I like my Bathursts eventful. I don't care if they go for seven or more hours, I'd prefer that to an uneventful sub- or six hour race. Did you watch it all? Mates round for a barbie or anything?

Anyway I'm off for now, got to have a 15-minute conversation in italian in like five days, and I am fucking packing it. Ciao :wave:

Murph can be a bit of whinge, but for some reason I really like him.

Ah okay cool :up: Problem is I like my Bathursts eventful. I don't care if they go for seven or more hours, I'd prefer that to an uneventful sub- or six hour race. Did you watch it all? Mates round for a barbie or anything?

Anyway I'm off for now, got to have a 15-minute conversation in italian in like five days, and I am fucking packing it. Ciao :wave:

He says what he thinks and he's a Kiwi. Good enough for me.

Yeah, I agree with you entirely. Though I will tell you the start is a big surprise, if you haven't seen that yet. And nah, I was mostly just on the Superthread during the race since nobody I know within a reasonable distance really gives a shit about car racing, and my attention wandered during the early stages of the race. I was actually intending to get some uni work done, which I have successfully done in past years, but given my lack of motivation this semester, I'm not surprised I got utterly nothing accomplished.

Good luck with that! :wave:

Been up 12.5 hours when I've normally only been up about 7.5-8.5. I am unsurprisingly on the tired side of life. :lol:

How are you?

Tired

I didn't get away with my plan to pretend to be asleep :lol:

Woops. :laugh: Did you at least get enough sleep after that?

And yeah, it is pretty quiet. The Aussie crowd doesn't seem to be around tonight. Cin and Danny've obviously passed through as the last page shows, I think Bonnie's still on a short holiday, and I guess Ali and U-Wen and Anna and the others haven't shown up yet.

Woops. :laugh: Did you at least get enough sleep after that?

And yeah, it is pretty quiet. The Aussie crowd doesn't seem to be around tonight. Cin and Danny've obviously passed through as the last page shows, I think Bonnie's still on a short holiday, and I guess Ali and U-Wen and Anna and the others haven't shown up yet.

yeah i slept from 5 until 8.30 :lol:

well as they say the night is young,:wink:

I'll take this opportunity to shift through DI for those Porcupine Tracks :wink:

yeah i slept from 5 until 8.30 :lol:

well as they say the night is young,:wink:

I'll take this opportunity to shift through DI for those Porcupine Tracks :wink:

That is not much sleep!

And the night's already feeling old for my sleepy self.

You know, I could just e-mail you some songs.

That's what you get for staying uo for so long :sexywink:

Bet you're still here to the early hours :lol:

Ohh would you mind

theresaeverard@hotmail.com :flirt:

Postwhoring: it'll ruin your sleeping patterns. Though I need to get back onto a realistic sleeping schedule by next week, since my mother's visiting and she is the kind of person who thinks 7am is actually a sensible time to wake.

Sure, will send some stuff now.

Postwhoring: it'll ruin your sleeping patterns. Though I need to get back onto a realistic sleeping schedule by next week, since my mother's visiting and she is the kind of person who thinks 7am is actually a sensible time to wake.

Sure, will send some stuff now.

That would be great thanks :hug:

Yeah , i suppose your post whoring time will be more limited to??

Misplaced Childhood is SuperWin, especially the first three tracks and Heart Of Lothian.

That would be great thanks :hug:

Yeah , i suppose your post whoring time will be more limited to??

Not a problem. Out of curiosity, what are your favourite U2 songs? Might give me an idea what PT tracks you may enjoy most.

And yeah, I'll also have uni work so I may not be on here quite so much. But I'm an Internet addict, so ...

Misplaced Childhood is SuperWin, especially the first three tracks and Heart Of Lothian.

:yes: :hi5: on Lavender :drool:

Not a problem. Out of curiosity, what are your favourite U2 songs? Might give me an idea what PT tracks you may enjoy most.

And yeah, I'll also have uni work so I may not be on here quite so much. But I'm an Internet addict, so ...

Bad, Kite, Vertigo,Love & peace or Else , Exit & Trip Through Your Wires

BUt i'm open to anything :)

Bad, Kite, Vertigo,Love & peace or Else , Exit & Trip Through Your Wires

BUt i'm open to anything :)

That is quite the mix of tracks! Which makes it easier for me to choose my favourites to send, since they're fairly diverse too.

And if any of the Melburnians were here right now, I'd tell them to please come and talk some sense into me. I'm making pizza for dinner ... and I'm just not into it. All week I've been delaying making pizza for dinner because I just haven't felt like it. WTF? I love pizza! In fact, I love pizza. It's my favourite meal, really. I don't know what's happening.

That is quite the mix of tracks! Which makes it easier for me to choose my favourites to send, since they're fairly diverse too.

I suppose it is :lol:

They are tracks that give me goosebumps, get my senses tingling especially when played live

And if any of the Melburnians were here right now, I'd tell them to please come and talk some sense into me. I'm making pizza for dinner ... and I'm just not into it. All week I've been delaying making pizza for dinner because I just haven't felt like it. WTF? I love pizza! In fact, I love pizza. It's my favourite meal, really. I don't know what's happening.

I love Pizza to :drool:

I take the easy route though i order takeaway Pizza :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom