The Esses, Mount Panorama, Bathurst, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read Flanagan! :tongue:

Short version: Edge eats a whole jar of mushrooms (no idea of jar size), just to see what will happen. Feels nothing, goes to bed. Wakes up high as a kite, convinced he's found the Secret of the Universe. Decides to record it so he'll remember in the morning. Giggles at red light on tape recorder. Speaks the Secret, before exiting Earth completely.
Next day, plays back tape, realises he'd been holding the recorder upside down and there's nothing but incomprehensible gobbledygook. (I dunno that the orientation of the recorder would have made much difference, there.)

OK, now I'm confused why you're debating what album this affected and when it happened when it's in Flanagan's book.

And I'm still lost how it suddenly came up in the middle of nowhere, unless I missed a post ...

I saw Paul McCrtney Live in the 1980's ,and he was quire entertaining.

But the Hey Jude was amazing,:drool:

The joke is: On Di you can only use one artist on your list, HOWEVER, there's a loophole in that you can use a band and a member of that band's solo work. SO, in theory you could use:

THE BEATLES
John Lennon
The Yoko Ono Band
Paul McCartney
Wings
Ringo Starr
George Harrison
The Traveling Wilburys.

Maybe I could just stand up on the nearest bridge over the Tullamarine Freeway and you could throw it to me. :laugh:

This sounds like a challenge for which I could use an ambient post-rock album and a raw black metal album.

:lol:
That could work, except I can't throw to save my life. Spaghetti arms + total lack of hand-eye co-ordination = disaster.

The segue wasn't too bad... but the individual sheer awesomeness of both songs would probably negate any awkwardness in the segue.

OK, now I'm confused why you're debating what album this affected and when it happened when it's in Flanagan's book.

And I'm still lost how it suddenly came up in the middle of nowhere, unless I missed a post ...

She said that she's pretty sure Captive is the album that was affected by the Mushroom incident.

And I haven't actually read Flanagan's book because I call bullshit on most of the material, so that was the first time I'd heard the whole story :lmao:.

That's a good point, it's just that, like I said, I find it so funny how many threads have been started with people trying to guess, when all the guessing always leads to Zooropa anyways.

But you gotta think Edge was on some illicit drug to have accepted a contract with THAT movie anyways :lol:

Well, it can't have been Zooropa, unless Mr Flanagan is completely misrepresenting the timing of things in his book. Which is entirely possible.

True! I haven't actually seen the film, but everything I heard about it makes me not want to.

You post in PLEBA? I had no idea. Fuck, I'm trapped in a Superthread with PLEBAns! WHERE IS IAN? ANDREW? VAZZA? KHAAAAAAAAN?

Also, if you're talking about the incident I'm thinking of, where Edge did shrooms and then discovered the secrets of the universe, I thought that was in 1993 or 1994.

Rarely anymore, but I used to. And I think Edge is hots :drool:

The anecdote is relayed by Flanagan in the book (why, I can't quite recall... you can tell me when you get up to it!), but without stating WHEN this supposedly happened.

Listening to Captive now, it seems a likely pre-Zoo candidate!

The joke is: On Di you can only use one artist on your list, HOWEVER, there's a loophole in that you can use a band and a member of that band's solo work. SO, in theory you could use:

THE BEATLES
John Lennon
The Yoko Ono Band
Paul McCartney
Wings
Ringo Starr
George Harrison
The Traveling Wilburys.

I'm thinking I should do this:

PORCUPINE TREE
Steven Wilson
Blackfield
No-Man
Incredible Expanding Mindfuck
Bass Communion
Continuum
Japan
Rain Tree Crow
The Dolphin Brothers
Ex-Wise Heads

Plus songs Steven Wilson has produced by:
Opeth
Anathema
Fish
Marillion
Anja Garbarek
Paatos

I'm thinking I should do this:

PORCUPINE TREE
Steven Wilson
Blackfield
No-Man
Incredible Expanding Mindfuck
Bass Communion
Continuum
Japan
Rain Tree Crow
The Dolphin Brothers
Ex-Wise Heads

Plus songs Steven Wilson has produced by:
Opeth
Anathema
Fish
Marillion
Anja Garbarek
Paatos

:eyebrow: How old is Steve Wilson? Wasn't Japan an 80s band?

:eyebrow: How old is Steve Wilson? Wasn't Japan an 80s band?

Ah, but SW wasn't in all the bands I listed! Richard Barbieri was in Japan, Rain Tree Crow, and The Dolphin Brothers (his presence now in PT is a continual source of WTFery to Khan and I). Colin Edwin is in Ex-Wise Heads.

The number of times you post that, one may suspect that you haven't entirely left your PLEBAn days behind you... :wink:

I like laying down the PLEBA pwnage.

I just wish I had more opportunities to use the Kunstmuseum posters and lay down the EYKIW pwnage.

Ah, but SW wasn't in all the bands I listed! Richard Barbieri was in Japan, Rain Tree Crow, and The Dolphin Brothers (his presence now in PT is a continual source of WTFery to Khan and I). Colin Edwin is in Ex-Wise Heads.

OHHHHH I see :lol: ok then, problem solved, carry on.

Pure Reason Revolution :drool:

Crowded House :drool:

SuperFuckingWin, Ashley.

Though I'm nervous about the rest of disc one ...

I do hope you only mean pre-UF Edge.

DON'T MAKE ME GET OUT THE BLURRY PICTURES POSTER AGAIN.

The only time I haven't had a mad crush on Edge was during TJT, and even then I still had a crush. Edge is the only man with long hair that has still made my heart all a flutter

Have I pleba'd it up enough for you for one day? :p

We're rebels :rockon:

And Liam is neither Unforgettable or little :angry:

Actually, I don't think the Superthread was originally "U2 sucks" territory. Vazza and Ian are still fans. Andrew and I aren't.

Yes, yes he is. Why, I've forgotten his name already!

I would have thought almost every post in EYKIW was an opportunity for pwnage.

I meant on the Superthread. I'd love to randomly break out things like the 3AM and FLOWER CHILD posters, but there just seem to be more opportunities to use BLURRY PICTURES.

Actually, I don't think the Superthread was originally "U2 sucks" territory. Vazza and Ian are still fans. Andrew and I aren't.

So it's the company that keeps you in a U2 forum :wink:

Yes, yes he is. Why, I've forgotten his name already!

You can not , i won't let you :shame:

LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM LIAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom