The End of "Friends"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sindaddy said:

When I read this, I thought you were going to say that Bruce should be performing, and Courtney Cox is in the front row, and she gets pulled on stage to dance again like in the Dancing in the Dark video.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Dancing In The Dark video. Another reason Bruce would be great there! They could make some funny jokes about it too.

Bruce: Have I seen you before?
Monica: I'm not sure....

*Dancing in The Dark starts playing* :drool:

Chandler: What the hell? :huh:

:lol:

Just caught a passing couple of minutes...I will say the more pregnant Courtney Cocks Arquette gets, the more she resembles the fat-suit Monica.:ohmy:

I think Courtney looks gorgeous, I've always thought she is

I think after all her miscarriages, it's so wonderful, and I hope the baby is healthy. I know you were just joking Hewson and didn't mean anything by it :)

And I love Matthew Perry :D

I stopped watching Friends when Survivor started on Thursday nights. I used to love the show and if I see it in reruns I'll watch it. :shrug: I don't care if it's ending or not since I haven't watched it in years. Same with Fraiser. I used to love it but I got tired of it. I guess that's ending next week.

i liked fraiser in random re-runs...the thing i hate about watching current seasons is that you have to watch each episode in order to have any idea of what is happening. curse continuous story lines. they ruin things for those of us who can't remember what channel, day, time--or all of the above--these things are on.

there was a huge article in the boston globe this morning about the last episode of friends.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I think Courtney looks gorgeous, I've always thought she is

I think after all her miscarriages, it's so wonderful, and I hope the baby is healthy. I know you were just joking Hewson and didn't mean anything by it :)
Of course I'm kidding, but when I saw her last night, and she's obviously gained a bit facially, it made me think of the flashback fatsuit Monica.
On a related note, Jay Leno said on the news that as a bonus, Courtney's gonna give birth live on the Tonight Show tonite.

They played Walk On during a retrospective thingy they did right before the finale... :applaud: Hell, that got me more emotional than the final episode itself!

What did everybody think?

I thought (and I realize this is me asking too much, now) that it was a little too.. blase'.

flaming june said:
They played Walk On during a retrospective thingy they did right before the finale... :applaud: Hell, that got me more emotional than the final episode itself!

My mom told me that when she got home from the laundromat (they had that channel on there tonight). She said she was watching that thing and heard the song and was like, "Hey, that sounds like U2...". :). She also said, "That's a rather big honor, don't ya think, playing them on the night one of the most popular shows ever ends!"

I didn't see the retrospective thing or most of the finale-my family caught the last 15 minutes or so of the finale tonight. I have to admit, though, from the bit I did see, I did get a little teary-eyed, just 'cause goodbyes like this are always so sad, and you could definitely tell the cast was not just acting like they were sad-they really were sad, and...yeah. It caused me to tear up a little.

Heh, just to add to the proof of how crazy all the publicity surrounding this finale was, by the way-I was watching the Weather Channel this morning, and they even mentioned it on there! This one lady was giving the travel report for the northeastern U.S., and she said, "You know, if you're traveling tonight, maybe going to someone's house and having a 'Friends' finale party..." I couldn't believe it.

Angela

Queen Bee said:
My local news had an 8-minute segment about local Friends finale parties and fan reactions. It was the top story of the night. :huh:

that doesn't say much for your local news mine probably did too, though.

It was okay, I mean were we really shocked at how it would end?

During the clip show I got a bit emotional when they played "Walk On", but more so for the fact that it was U2 than anything else. ;)

Overall it was alright, nothing mind-shattering, but then again it's Friends and who would have expected anything but?

I thought it would have been better if Ross had gone to Paris with Rachel, rather than her staying behind...

but that aside, it was fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom