The Echo & The Bunnymen Remasters Rule!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skwege

The Fly
Just got all five of the Echo & The Bunnymen remasters earlier this week. They are absolutely fantastic.
I really recommend picking them up, lots of rare bonus tracks as well.
Also U2 is reference a few times in the liner notes.
Which brings me to wondering when U2 will remaster their older analog catalog.

Eric

There is a good 1985 LP(and its easily found on CD) put out that collected some rare tracks and singles called "Songs To Learn & Sing". Notable tracks on that LP are "The Cutter", "Bring On The Dancing Horses", and "The Killing Moon".
"The Killing Moon" is really the bands signature song. Kind of like U2 and "Where The Streets Have No Name." Its the one song most associated with the band.
As far as actual albums go I would recommend their 1987 self titled album aka The Grey Album. It is their most mainstream appealing album, and a good start along with "Songs To Learn & Sing." Also the two albums have great Anton Corbijn photography. The cover to "Echo & The Bunnymen" is also fairly reminiscent of "The Joshua Tree" If you wait until December, Rhino will be reissuing the remastered version domestically next month, which has several bonus tracks. Also the new liner notes with the remastered album have Ian McCulloch making some interesting U2 comments.

Sounds cool. I had the grey album when I was about 15 and listened to it constantly. It would be cool to here remastered stuff. It's been so long since I've listened to them :ohmy:

Ian McCulloch is truly a great singer. I almost like his voice better than Bono's, almost......

The Killing Moon :heart:

I don't know why but for the longest time I was avoiding them.. now I really want to get into them after hearing The Killing Moon. :hmm:

Alot of U2 fans have told me they have a hard time getting into The Bunnymen because of how nasty Ian McCulloch would be towards U2. However most of his comments are tongue in cheek, he slagged everyone back in the day.
"U2 makes music for plumbers, and bricklayers."

In recent interviews he has mentioned how much he regrets some of the shit he said when he was younger, particularly about U2. He's even mentioned that he enjoys alot of their songs, and that having them as the biggest band in the world is a helluva lot better than having The Bee Gees.

Back
Top Bottom