The Diminishing Divas Thread - First Diet Coke & Bacardi Is On The House!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:mad: this just isn't working for me. I had Chipotle for lunch :drool: and girl scout cookies today.

However...I did find out that a coworker is looking for someone to commit to go to the gym with her that's in our building everyday after work because she didn't want to go alone! I told her I've been dying to find someone who'd go with me because I didn't want to go alone either! :D We're starting on Monday.

I'm so excited, I just have to tell somebody!! :hyper: I started going to the gym back at the end of January, and I've been having trouble making myself go regularly, but I have been trying. I've also tried to change my eating habits a bit, but I didn't think it was having any effect. Then this morning I got up the courage to weigh myself, and I've LOST 10 POUNDS!!!! :faint: That's the most weight I've lost in years, I think! And the best part is, there's so much more stuff I can change in my life (going to the gym more regularly, eating smaller portions, etc.) that I now have hope this is actually gonna happen! I can do it! YAY!!!:dancing:

Breakfast this morning was Cheerios and only ONE cup of coffee! Lunch today is half a peanut butter sandwich, a pear, and baby carrots. Had a fruit leather a couple of minutes ago.

It's hard to reconcile my desire to be healthy and drop a couple of pounds with my desire to, well, more or less look like I do now. ;) I mean, I really don't want to lose a lot of weight because I'd have to buy all new clothes, and I'm not bone-thin by any stretch of the imagination, but I rather like my little curves as they are. I'm not interested in having buns of steel, I guess.

Ewen and his anti- thread has made me stop to think, I suppose. :sexywink: Can you frequent both and have your head not explode?

I have been not so great the past few weeks and gained a few pounds back I think :|

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I need to lose all the weight I can. I feel HUGE! :sad:

:hug:

Weight always seems like a bigger problem that it is when you hear alot of people talking about it. I'm sure you're not half as huge as you think you are.
:hug: again!

paxetaurora said:
Breakfast this morning was Cheerios and only ONE cup of coffee! Lunch today is half a peanut butter sandwich, a pear, and baby carrots. Had a fruit leather a couple of minutes ago.

It's hard to reconcile my desire to be healthy and drop a couple of pounds with my desire to, well, more or less look like I do now. ;) I mean, I really don't want to lose a lot of weight because I'd have to buy all new clothes, and I'm not bone-thin by any stretch of the imagination, but I rather like my little curves as they are. I'm not interested in having buns of steel, I guess.

Ewen and his anti- thread has made me stop to think, I suppose. :sexywink: Can you frequent both and have your head not explode?

I don't think any of us here are aspiriting anorexics....we just desire to be motivated to exercise, something anyone should do regardless of size, and eat in a way that is healthy and nourishing. Even plus-size models need to be toned....

starsgoblue said:

I don't think any of us here are aspiriting anorexics....we just desire to be motivated to exercise, something anyone should do regardless of size, and eat in a way that is healthy and nourishing. Even plus-size models need to be toned....

:yes: I just want to be healthy and active. It's hard to do that if you're carrying too much extra weight around.

I do think Ewen has a point, though. We don't need to be a size 6 to be happy.

I think a lot of it goes deeper than just wanting to lose a few dress sizes. I blame 1/2 - ok, all - of my horrible self-esteem on my weight, and it's something I'd love to get rid of. I say I feel huge, but I know that I'm not, not by any stretches of the imagination, but it's what I see in my head that's the problem. I do have health issues in my family that are motivating me to lose, so there is something more in it for me than liking what I see when I look in the mirror.

I know you aren't huge or even big but at the same time you personally see room for some improvement...not a whole new person, just you but better. You healthier and stronger. (I've seen a pic of you and you are very beautiful though--don't forget that!!)

Personally for me... I have been in excellent shape previously. I was a national competitor in sport karate. I can remember how it felt to be energetic instead of sluggish and having your body feel strong rather than tired and weak. So I know where I am at now needs to be improved and I feel good about myself by doing this...I'm doing it for the right reasons--myself.

And on that note, I want to say thank you girls. Because I have 'accountability partners' of sorts....Last night I totally did not want to work out, I was all about vegging....but I got off my duff and did work out and I felt alot better mentally and physically afterwards because of it. :up:

Last edited:
I think that's the best thing about this thread, really. The fact that we're all helping to keep eyes on each other means we can keep each other positive and healthy, and start yelling at each other if we're not actually eating enough or something. :up:

That said, I hope you all know that your beauty goes WAY beyond your pants size. :hug: And I think that's what Ewen was trying to remind us of in the other thread.

I will say it again. I am 30 and do not have the body as I was in my early 20s. I have more curves and from several of my male friends off of this board I have been told nice things about my current body. I personally want to lose weight because I do not like my clothes fitting tight around me anymore and I also want to develop better eating habits.

I do have to admit. I do not want my breast size to go down any. I love my breast size! :heart: :lol: I am not kidding.

Wow, clearly I should've wandered in here sooner!

I am going through my weight thing too...I've lost 5 pounds on the Weight Watchers point system and I feel good about myself. However, something tells me that my positive feelings are more to do with the fact that I'm working out--I have done something about my unhappiness and admitted that I have a problem.

I am an emotional eater and I have to stop equating feelings with food. So far, it seems to be working out fine. I have replaced my junk food with fruits and veggies and I have learned to say "No" to people who offer me food and I'm not hungry. But it is on a day to day basis and I'm happy that I'm not starving myself to achieve my weight loss goal.

A big :hug: to all my beautiful ladies. I don't know why as women we impose impossible standards of beauty on ourselves. Our mothers were and are beautiful without the Maybelline. Why do we feel like we need it?

Well I went to the mall today. I tried on clothing at Lane Bryant to see what I can wear there. I can wear the size 14 pants and skirts with ease but the tops are too big for me.

My pants that I am wearing now are baggy as hell but the waist (where the excess fat is) is tight and making it hard for me to feel comfortable. And because of that I want to lose the weight. :der:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom