The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, pahana (and everyone else) I have a new upload link with NO protected files! I'll send it your way later this morning

:lmao: Is this a reference to your typo in the arcade?
It's a reference to my drunkposting of about 2 months ago, Xoot. I need to do that again, that was fun. Twice! Doing it, then reading it the next morning.

Ok Zoots, we're off and running...

I liked Cream as the opener. Good way to explode out of the gates, so to speak. :wink:

INXS is one of my favorite bands, and Not Enough Time is a great song.

Don't really care for Siouxsie & The Banshees. Kiss Them For Me was their big hit, and it's probably one of the few songs of theirs I can get through.

So far your flow is fantastic. The songs go well together.

About to start The Sensual World. I'll preface that with the fact that I'm not a big Kate Bush fan.

It actually wasn't as bad as I remember. Still not my favorite artist, though.

Velvet Dress is perfect for this playlist.

I don't really like Tori Amos, either. This song was ok, but nothing great.

Teardrop was a great song, however. Massive Attack :up:

And wow, what a transition to All I Need. That was awesome.

Had to pause for a bit earlier.

I've hit the first real major hiccup for me. I really enjoy Madonna, but I can't stand Justify My Love, and I don't think it's placed very well after All I Need. Based on some of the songs still to come, I'm thinking it would have worked better further down (if you had to use it at all, that is).

I actually don't know this Franz Ferdinand song. Nice choice.

It's fun doing these things for three reasons:

1. You get to hear songs you know in a completely new context.
2. You get to hear songs from artists you may not be familiar with.
3. You get to hear songs from artists that you haven't listened to in a while.

#3 is the case with Chris Isaak. Wicked Game is his big hit, but it's still a great song, and it's inspired me to listen to some of his stuff after I'm done with this. One album of his that I recommend is the Baja Sessions. Great disc.

Going from Wicked Game to I'm On Fire was perfect.

Nights In White Satin seems like an odd choice here, but I like it.

LMP didn't like Justify My Love either. :sigh: lol. Well, the thing is I was actually gonna go with Madonna's Rain but then changed it to this one cos this one really is her sexiest song ever. And I like it more for the background synth and rolling beat than for her voice and lyrics. I thought that beat and atmosphere go well with trip hop as well as All I Need.

Also, I don't know if you noticed.. but when Franz starts, it sounds like he is singing about Madonna. :wink: Unless it was only me who imagined (planned) this. :reject:

Rain probably wouldn't have fit your theme, I agree, but then again, Madonna and sex go hand in hand. Quite a few songs would have fit. :wink:

Stripped was interesting after Nights In White Satin. :lol:

Ah, Principles Of Lust. I actually had the full version on another playlist I was working on; it still might make an appearance at some point down the road.

Don't know this Chalo Tumko Lekar Chalen song. It's pleasant enough.

Janet Jackson, back when she was still relevant. This isn't really one of my favorites from her. If would have been a stronger selection from this album, in my opinion.

And I don't care what anyone says - her previous album before this one, Rhythm Nation, is a fucking great album.

Wrapping up Part One with Sade is nice. I don't mind her.

So far, for the most part your playlist has awesome flow, Zoots, and there's only a few songs I could do without.

Ready to start it up with Part Two.

Great one-two punch with Start Me Up and Whole Lotta Love.

In The Cold Cold Night is a great track featuring Meg.

Sparks is ok. As I've previously said, I'm not a big fan of the Parachutes album.

Your Latest Trick :drool: But why did you use the live version?

Zoots...Careless Whisper? Oh man...

:lol: How did I know you'd pop in then?

I just find it totally cheezy, even for the 80's.
:tsk: wham are awesome. i'm not ashamed to admit that when i was a kid i listened to make it big so much i wore out a couple tapes.

oh well, i liked it, and i've already used it so no worries about me doing it again.

You've admitted to a lot of things, though, so it's not that big a deal anymore. :wink:

Let's continue, shall we?

Great stretch after Wham, though. Kiss From A Rose is a 90's classic, and going into Come Undone was great. Come Undone is one of my favorite Duran Duran songs (and I can't wait for Khan's reaction to that one - I seem to recall her saying she hated it). :lol:

Love Is The Drug. Great stuff.

And on paper being followed by The Killers looked a bit strange, but they went together better than I thought they would.

Rain probably wouldn't have fit your theme, I agree, but then again, Madonna and sex go hand in hand. Quite a few songs would have fit. :wink:

Hmm I suppose so. But Justify My Love is all about sex and the music is sexy too so I thought it was a pretty obvious choice. :slant:

Ah, Principles Of Lust. I actually had the full version on another playlist I was working on; it still might make an appearance at some point down the road.

Haha nice. I specifically sought out this version from their Hits collection! I didn't even know it existed till I started working on this playlist. I was not prepared to waste 11 or so min just for this one song! :no: And besides, I think the sexiest part of the whole thing is Principles of Lust(Find Love), more than Sadeness or the Reprise.

Don't know this Chalo Tumko Lekar Chalen song. It's pleasant enough.

I'd like to believe that this is the sexiest song in Bollywood. :wink:

Janet Jackson, back when she was still relevant. This isn't really one of my favorites from her. If would have been a stronger selection from this album, in my opinion.

Ahh I thought about If but the fast pace didn't really fit anywhere. Besides, That's The Way Love Goes fit well with Sade and the general mellow/smooth theme of Disc 1.

And I don't care what anyone says - her previous album before this one, Rhythm Nation, is a fucking great album.

:hmm: Is that the one with Come Back To Me? I love that song!

Sparks is ok. As I've previously said, I'm not a big fan of the Parachutes album.

I'm not huge on Sparks but thought that it fit the playlist very well. I was trying to go for an unconventional pick (since Coldplay is not generally known for sexiness) and Sparks is by far their sexiest song IMO.

Your Latest Trick :drool: But why did you use the live version?

Cos that's the only one I have? :lol:

Zoots...Careless Whisper? Oh man...

Sax followed by sax! Plus, I love his singing here!

Ahh I thought about If but the fast pace didn't really fit anywhere. Besides, That's The Way Love Goes fit well with Sade and the general mellow/smooth theme of Disc 1.

This is true. If wouldn't have fit as well. It's a strong song, though.

:hmm: Is that the one with Come Back To Me? I love that song!

Yeah, that's the one.

Always good to hear some Moby in a list, although Rushing was a unique choice.

And now we've come to some 90's R&B, and I'm not really a big fan of the genre from then. Listening to Toni Braxton and TLC made me cringe a bit.

I'll admit that En Vogue isn't that bad, though.

Oh dude! 90s R&B has so many "sexy" songs that one could fill 2 discs worth and more! :lol: It was a bit hard cutting it down to just 3 songs! :crack: Boyz II Men's obvious choice got the axe at the last minute. :laugh:

It's a good thing you cut it down then, at least for my sake. :lol:

I got interrupted again, so I'm finishing up here.

I don't listen to Peggy Lee, but I'll give you credit for transitioning into something totally different, and following that with Frank was really good.

But then, ugh. Lionel Ritchie.

You ended with Marvin, though. Now that's good R&B, so you redeemed yourself a bit. :wink:

Well, Part One was better for me. But I will say your flow and sequencing, for the most part, was much better than your previous playlist. You really did a nice job putting this one together. That in itself deserves a :up:

I don't listen to Peggy Lee, but I'll give you credit for transitioning into something totally different

Thanks! I wanted some variety at that point of the list and thought the somewhat doo wop feel of En Vogue went well with the finger snapping of Peggy Lee. And it seemed to naturally flow into Sinatra.

But then, ugh. Lionel Ritchie.

Haha I knew I'd get heat for that! But for some reason I liked his voice there alongside Marvin Gaye's.

Well, Part One was better for me. But I will say your flow and sequencing, for the most part, was much better than your previous playlist. You really did a nice job putting this one together. That in itself deserves a :up:

Thank you! :love: I really did work harder on this one.

Oh man, I love this thread.

Anyway, Zoots, I haven't forgotten about you. I'll resume listening right now, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom