The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, what would happen if I went to USC? Would I have to join the SoCal gang? Would I have to grow a tremendous mohawk?

I need answers, people.

I chose it because it transitioned well into An Honest Mistake. I mostly prefer the kind of Who you refer to. Townshend's guitar sound on Won't Get Fooled Again may be my favorite guitar sound ever.

yeah, it was a good transition. I always go for song selection over flow though.

2657.gif

You'd just have to learn how to handle being surrounded by stuck up rich white girls....and you'd have to learn how to hate UCLA.

I'd like to be on The Hills though, at least for one episode. I'd be like the David Bowie of the show: show up once and FUCK SHIT UP.

UNNNNGGGGHHHH.

Go to Penn St. That would strengthen SEPTA to no end. Yes, I'm a douche.

BIG TEN 4 LYFE THE HISTORIAN

Penn State is probably 75% likely at the moment. I'm sure they will accept me, but after that, it's just how everything else works out.

I mentioned this to YLB ... my cousin is a legend at Penn State. His name is Jim, but everyone knows him up there as Frank the Tank. His brother said it's because, "He's just like Will Ferrell in Old School. Normally, he's, you know, mild mannered and all, but once he has a few in him, he'll dance up on every girl in the bar."

Guys, what would happen if I went to USC? Would I have to join the SoCal gang? Would I have to grow a tremendous mohawk?

I need answers, people.

Ohh, didn't think about that, maybe it's good I never ended up attempting to apply there (though, I almost did for the Spielberg factor)

Penn State is probably 75% likely at the moment. I'm sure they will accept me, but after that, it's just how everything else works out.

I mentioned this to YLB ... my cousin is a legend at Penn State. His name is Jim, but everyone knows him up there as Frank the Tank. His brother said it's because, "He's just like Will Ferrell in Old School. Normally, he's, you know, mild mannered and all, but once he has a few in him, he'll dance up on every girl in the bar."

It would crack my shit up if you went there while I was still at my job.

Ohh, didn't think about that, maybe it's good I never ended up attempting to apply there (though, I almost did for the Spielberg factor)

You should sneak into the Universal lot and really be like Spielberg. lolrus.

K, as soon as Live in New York City is over, I really am going to listen to Zoot's list.

philly, i'm takin a quick break from your list cuz I need to play some guitar, as I haven't today. Don't worry, I'll finish it in a bit

there are guys playing beer pong outside...I live in an apartment complex of frat boys :huh: lolz.

yeah, it was a good transition. I always go for song selection over flow though.

I tend to as well. I like Who Are You enough, though, that I went with it there. I've got no problem with simple taste disagreements. As long as you don't start blabbing on about greatest hits and "experiences," all will be good, no matter what you think.

The Real Me is simple but fucking awesome. 5:15 is amazing, too. I like Bell Boy as well.

Bell Boy's making my DI 6 list, coupled with My Morning Jacket's One Big Holiday. Shit's ridic, mandinga.

Don't tempt me. the Spielberg is my hero. I might just do it anyways.

He was my undisputed directing hero for the longest time, but now that I've been exploring more into film, he's still up there, but Scorsese, Woody, and Kubrick are right there for me.

I tend to as well. I like Who Are You enough, though, that I went with it there. I've got no problem with simple taste disagreements. As long as you don't start blabbing on about greatest hits and "experiences," all will be good, no matter what you think.

greatest hits - they're hits for a reason. I think if a list is entirely greatest hits that's unimaginative, but I don't see a problem with putting some on there, as long as they're songs YOU like.

as for experiences...I'm experiencing your concept :wink:

The Real Me is simple but fucking awesome. 5:15 is amazing, too. I like Bell Boy as well.
Can you see the real me?
Can you? Can you?
philly, i'm takin a quick break from your list cuz I need to play some guitar, as I haven't today. Don't worry, I'll finish it in a bit

there are guys playing beer pong outside...I live in an apartment complex of frat boys :huh: lolz.
I'd join the beer pong game.

I have buddies playing beer pong tonight, but I was out all night last night and will be tomorrow for the MOTHERFUCKING SPRINGSTEEN CONCERT, so I took the night off.
That really is funny. I cannot say how long I'll be there, but, you never know.
I'm potentially going to work with a local radio station this year. My cousin's cousin's boyfriend (yes, that long of a chain - you know fucking everyone around here) produces the local high school sports show around here and wants me to come check it out since he knows I'm involved in high school sports (I'm the only regular announcer in the area).

I'm potentially going to work with a local radio station this year. My cousin's cousin's boyfriend (yes, that long of a chain - you know fucking everyone around here) produces the local high school sports show around here and wants me to come check it out since he knows I'm involved in high school sports (I'm the only regular announcer in the area).

That sounds great.....get all the experience you can, regardless of whether you see yourself pursuing this or not. Who knows how you'll feel down the road.

He was my undisputed directing hero for the longest time, but now that I've been exploring more into film, he's still up there, but Scorsese, Woody, and Kubrick are right there for me.

He's still undisputed for me, but I've definitely begun to be able to pick out more directors, and clearly be able to say why I like them and such. For a long time he was the only one I could do that with because I didn't branch out as much as I'd have liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom