The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sort of shit blows my mind.

It blows my mind, I can't believe it seriously happened. Pretty much my dad just made me hate the idea of going after a while, over $70, and I never turned in the application after he finally begrudgingly offered me the money. I kinda regret it a lot now, but I do a lot of things just to spite my dad.

K this is getting too deep :lol: Think I'll listen to Zootles list now

Hey, suck-town, have you checked out channel 256 on your digital cable?
You guys are up on Comcast?? I had no idea. I'll check that shit out.

256 ... does that mean you're in HD?
I may be staying instate... or look into going to another major metropolitan area, like New York, LA, Chicago or something. Any place that fits my proposed film major, really.

Hah, I'll keep that in mind.

I really enjoyed my Junior year, but expect this to annihilate that one in every, way, shape and form.
I'm going to one of three states: PA, Maryland, or Delaware. It's most likely going to be PA, though. And probably Penn State. I'm looking to go into communications.

Each year of high school was better than the one before, for me.
Do the freshmen look like little kids? I swear they looked so young, when I was a senior. It was strange, to think that was me only a few years ago.
I look like a freshmen, but I'm a senior. I swear to God, in April of Junior Year, there was a "Kick a Freshmen Day" and some sophomore I'd never seen before kicked me.

I ended up going to college in state and I don't regret it (much cheaper, and I love school here, and it's nice to be close to home), but it's certainly a good time to go off into the world too.

Glad you had a good junior year. Mine kinda sucked cuz a bunch of my friends graduated at the end of my sophomore year, and my schedule was tough (Physics and Pre-cal :yikes: ). Senior year was tough too, but knowing it was almost over and being close to a lot of people in my class helped make it more fun.

So, that Pink Floyd song was 11 minutes long.

Indeed. My school of choice, Florida State, is about 4 hours from where I live, and it's enough of a chance of pace to be a different experience for me, while still retaining a certain level of familiarity, so that's good.

Pre-Calc can blow me... but yes, the whole idea of it almost being over seems like enough motivation to make the best of it, for me at least. If I have the ability to be more competitive while other kids are laxing it out and still have fun, then I'm gonna go for it.

It blows my mind, I can't believe it seriously happened. Pretty much my dad just made me hate the idea of going after a while, over $70, and I never turned in the application after he finally begrudgingly offered me the money. I kinda regret it a lot now, but I do a lot of things just to spite my dad.

K this is getting too deep :lol: Think I'll listen to Zootles list now

That sort of shit drives me fucking insane. Thank goodness my parents were the opposite. We were pretty fucking middle class, but when it came to my education, they'd have done anything/everything possible for me. Damn.

You guys are up on Comcast?? I had no idea. I'll check that shit out.

256 ... does that mean you're in HD?

I'm going to one of three states: PA, Maryland, or Delaware. It's most likely going to be PA, though. And probably Penn State. I'm looking to go into communications.

Each year of high school was better than the one before, for me.

I look like a freshmen, but I'm a senior. I swear to God, in April of Junior Year, there was a "Kick a Freshmen Day" and some sophomore I'd never seen before kicked me.

Everything we do is HD, you little tool.

wow, that blows. you should be able to apply to any college you want! it sucks how those schools rape you up the ass from the beginning

I also very much wanted to attend NYU. I could have gotten in with my GPA and SAT scores, but I applied to a specific program - the Clive Davis Recording Arts - which only accepts 28 people a year. I didn't get in, and it sucked, so I decided to just go in state, and I've had a blast so far, though just like high school there's plenty of bad with the good

I have no idea whether I would've got in or not, but look at that AB, that's twice we almost went to the same school. (I assume you're at IU?) I still can't decide whether I should've just been done with it and gone to IU. I wouldn't have had to pay a thing, instead of the shit ton of debt I'm currently in.

:lmao: sorry man. I'm pretty short (5'1"), so I guess I could have that problem, though I haven't so far

I'm really not a Pearl Jam fan, but Even Flow is just a badass song :rockon:

I have no idea whether I would've got in or not, but look at that AB, that's twice we almost went to the same school. (I assume you're at IU?) I still can't decide whether I should've just been done with it and gone to IU. I wouldn't have had to pay a thing, instead of the shit ton of debt I'm currently in.

Do you like the college you attend?

That sort of shit drives me fucking insane. Thank goodness my parents were the opposite. We were pretty fucking middle class, but when it came to my education, they'd have done anything/everything possible for me. Damn.

Yeah, I think he realizes how much he screwed that up, because now he's always trying to be supportive of TCU and stuff, and he's always asking me what I'm doing, and how things are, but at the same time, he's always pressing me about how much money he has to spend (even though in the long run I'm paying more) whatever. I just hope I can find a job quick enough, after it's all over, so I don't have to ask him for money.

Cool. It's pretty much the same for me right now. I really shouldn't worry about the money, but I certainly don't want to burden them financially and potentially cause animosity there.

Where do you go again?

and imo debt is worth it in college, though I'm thankful I won't be in debt at all for undergrad thanks to scholarships + my dad, I plan on becoming severely in debt during grad school :wink:

Pfan, I'd rank my freshman year above my sophomore year. The latter is like the former, but without any of the perks that freshmen get for being new. Didn't excel very much at anything that year... meh. The mediocrity was indeed within my mouth.

It was odd, because I was pegged as looking older when I was a freshmen, but now I feel like the younger kid.

NYU expressed interest in me, but I think it's too much of a risk to try New York City when every impression of it has been bad in the eight times I've been there. Plus, the options down here are fine for me.
So, that Pink Floyd song was 11 minutes long.
I enjoy all of them. Especially the last two minutes.
Yes, I want to have that college experience, too, but not let it diminish my HS stuff, you know?

I hope it all works out, and yes, it was more of passing comment than anything else, but I do greatly appreciate everyone's words of encouragement.
My biggest worry is and will be money. I have unreal amounts of pressure from my parents right now to get scholarships since they aren't paying for it and I don't have the money. It's all they talk about anymore. I got a 1360 on my SAT's and they want me to take it a third time to try to get to 1400.

Cool. It's pretty much the same for me right now. I really shouldn't worry about the money, but I certainly don't want to burden them financially and potentially cause animosity there.

Yeah, well, I went to a school that was not a state school, but not insanely expensive either....they paid 1/2 my tuition, I took out loans for the other 1/2. That was about all they could pay at the time.....but it was plenty as far as I was concerned.

Do you like the college you attend?

For the most part, I really do love it. I tend to forget that over breaks, when I come home and realize how many of my friends I miss, but then I go back, and I get back into the swing of things, and I remember it's great.

For the most part, I really do love it. I tend to forget that over breaks, when I come home and realize how many of my friends I miss, but then I go back, and I get back into the swing of things, and I remember it's great.

Then don't waste time worrying about if you should have gone elsewhere. Fuck that. Loans suck, but, trust me, you'll pay it off eventually and breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Be happy that you attend a school you really love.

Where do you go again?

and imo debt is worth it in college, though I'm thankful I won't be in debt at all for undergrad thanks to scholarships + my dad, I plan on becoming severely in debt during grad school :wink:

Texas Christian University, HORNED FROGS :|

Then don't waste time worrying about if you should have gone elsewhere. Fuck that. Loans suck, but, trust me, you'll pay it off eventually and breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Be happy that you attend a school you really love.

Well exactly. I mean, you should've heard me earlier. I flat out told my mom I don't want anything right now but to go back to school, I'm so sick of it up here. I'm sure it'll be fine, and I'll be super happy once I get back to school because I'm finally starting actual video classes, and upper level history classes where I don't know all the stuff we're already studying.

Well exactly. I mean, you should've heard me earlier. I flat out told my mom I don't want anything right now but to go back to school, I'm so sick of it up here. I'm sure it'll be fine, and I'll be super happy once I get back to school because I'm finally starting actual video classes, and upper level history classes where I don't know all the stuff we're already studying.

I am sure that you'll be happy to get back into a rhythm, and to see your friends again.....plus, as you say, you'll be taking some cool classes.

The Queen-->Pearl Jam transition blew my mind. perfect.
I was really happy how that one worked out.
Indeed. My school of choice, Florida State, is about 4 hours from where I live, and it's enough of a chance of pace to be a different experience for me, while still retaining a certain level of familiarity, so that's good.

Pre-Calc can blow me... but yes, the whole idea of it almost being over seems like enough motivation to make the best of it, for me at least. If I have the ability to be more competitive while other kids are laxing it out and still have fun, then I'm gonna go for it.
Penn State is exactly the same: four hours away, still PA, but kind of out on its own.
Everything we do is HD, you little tool.
Noted. But you're still a douche.
:lmao: sorry man. I'm pretty short (5'1"), so I guess I could have that problem, though I haven't so far

I'm really not a Pearl Jam fan, but Even Flow is just a badass song :rockon:
It's a mix of my short stature (5'6"), my very thin appearance (115-120 pounds), and my youthful face. When I'm 40 and look 35, that'll be nice, but for the time being, it's kind of a pain in the ass.

I've not listened to much Pearl Jam. That song happened to be on my iTunes because my brothers bought it after it was on Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

Texas Christian University, HORNED FROGS :|

Horned Frogs? :lmao: Noooo comment

i have to say, this is not one of my favourite Who songs. I'm more into shit where Townshend just lets it rip. this one is too repetitive and boring.

An Honest Mistake is good though :up:

Oh, and YLB:

Sonic Youth = Noise
Roy Orbison = Singing for the lonely.

But I sure do dig the shit out of your playlist.

I was really happy how that one worked out.

Penn State is exactly the same: four hours away, still PA, but kind of out on its own.

Noted. But you're still a douche.

It's a mix of my short stature (5'6"), my very thin appearance (115-120 pounds), and my youthful face. When I'm 40 and look 35, that'll be nice, but for the time being, it's kind of a pain in the ass.

I've not listened to much Pearl Jam. That song happened to be on my iTunes because my brothers bought it after it was on Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

Go to Penn St. That would strengthen SEPTA to no end. Yes, I'm a douche.

BIG TEN 4 LYFE THE HISTORIAN

Horned Frogs? :lmao: Noooo comment

i have to say, this is not one of my favourite Who songs. I'm more into shit where Townshend just lets it rip. this one is too repetitive and boring.

An Honest Mistake is good though :up:

I chose it because it transitioned well into An Honest Mistake. I mostly prefer the kind of Who you refer to. Townshend's guitar sound on Won't Get Fooled Again may be my favorite guitar sound ever.

Oh, and YLB:

Sonic Youth = Noise
Roy Orbison = Singing for the lonely.

But I sure do dig the shit out of your playlist.

Really glad to hear that.

Orbison -> Sandler is for Screw, if I hadn't said it plainly before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom