The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 2 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Sorry about the track problems GAF, if it's really that troublesome I can reload them, but I did send you the correct order in that PM

I think I do kinda dig Porcupine Tree. I've only heard probably 6 or 7 songs by them, but they're not bad at all...

I really think that cutting the time back to 80 or 120 minutes next time will make the Fake List a whole lot more entertaining and listenable. It's a lot easier to write and record four 25 minute songs than four 35 minute songs.

:wave: Sorry about the track problems GAF, if it's really that troublesome I can reload them, but I did send you the correct order in that PM

Yeah, I figured out what was going on. No worries. Your list is next on my listening schedule!

I really think that cutting the time back to 80 or 120 minutes next time will make the Fake List a whole lot more entertaining and listenable. It's a lot easier to write and record four 25 minute songs than four 35 minute songs.

I'm just scared because I like the longer format of the actual DI games as opposed to the mini-games. It'll all blur together if it's all the same length.

I'm just scared because I like the longer format of the actual DI games as opposed to the mini-games. It'll all blur together if it's all the same length.

Believe me, I don't want anything to change. If it were up to me, we'd stay at 20 contestants and 160 minutes, because that's worked well up to this point.

Tourist, where have I heard this song by Mazzy Star before? Damn I can't think. Is it in a movie, TV show, or commercial or somethin?

I really like it, though.

Believe me, I don't want anything to change. If it were up to me, we'd stay at 20 contestants and 160 minutes, because that's worked well up to this point.

Actually, I agree. Or, have an "American League" and a "National League" like baseball. And the top 4 from each league advance to the playoffs. That way we could expand without having to cut the times, and without having to listen to too many lists. In fact, if there were 24 contestants and 6 advanced, we'd actually be listening to less than we currently do, though with the option to listen to more if we wanted to.

Tourist, where have I heard this song by Mazzy Star before? Damn I can't think. Is it in a movie, TV show, or commercial or somethin?

I really like it, though.

It was huge back in the day, as far as I remember, though I don't remember anything it's specifically been on, other than the radio.

Actually, I agree. Or, have an "American League" and a "National League" like baseball. And the top 4 from each league advance to the playoffs. That way we could expand without having to cut the times, and without having to listen to too many lists. In fact, if there were 24 contestants and 6 advanced, we'd actually be listening to less than we currently do, though with the option to listen to more if we wanted to.

That's actually a good idea. I also like Axver's idea to have a preliminary tournament that removes the bottom four to make the total 20 instead of 24.

That's actually a good idea. I also like Axver's idea to have a preliminary tournament that removes the bottom four to make the total 20 instead of 24.

But how do you do that? That adds to listening. Anyway, my way would be an equal amount of divisions of 4 for each league. And we don't add the "block of 8" (4 per league) until we get those 8 slots assigned.

But how do you do that? That adds to listening. Anyway, my way would be an equal amount of divisions of 4 for each league. And we don't add the "block of 8" (4 per league) until we get those 8 slots assigned.

True, it would add to listening...

I wonder if this signup capacity thing was an issue during the first two games. We sure had more votes then.

WTH, I hit refresh accidentally while I was typing my reply :madspit:

As I was saying:

I finished the first list, and overall, I liked it. It was consistant in its awesomeness, and there were only a few tracks that I really didn't care for. My biggest complaint would probably be that that Television track just dragged on and on, but that's just my personal aversion to overly long songs.

Gonna have a brief break, and then crank up the second list.

I just made it through your 3 consecutive 8 minute songs by bands I've never heard of. Not my style at all, but I can dig.

I just made it through your 3 consecutive 8 minute songs by bands I've never heard of. Not my style at all, but I can dig.

Cool. The only one that's been my style at all (for more than the last 6 months) is The Prayer Chain. Good post-grunge stuff there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom