The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 2 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Queens of the Stone Age song is my least favorite moment so far on the list but it still fits, really.

I just don't like these guys all that much.

Glad my list is generally kicking your ass, GAF. But it's time for me to get going. :wave: Night, guys.

Night elmel, it's been all kinds of fun, and I can't thank you enough for your help

Stokes > Arctic Monkeys is a little harsh GAF

Yeah, some of those songs near the end aren't placed all that great I don't think.

The reason I put them next to eachother is because the Strokes and Arctics are pretty similarly styled bands and they actually are friends with eachother in real life. The singers from both bands are good friends.

Yeah, some of those songs near the end aren't placed all that great I don't think.

The reason I put them next to eachother is because the Strokes and Arctics are pretty similarly styled bands and they actually are friends with eachother in real life. The singers from both bands are good friends.

Yeah? The songs aren't bad next to each other, the transition is just weird. Plust this song is REALLY loud (not your fault though).

Ok GAF, overall this has been my favorite list. I'm sure that's because you used a lot of my absolute favorite songs. But that also means I didn't really look at it with as critical an eye as I might possibly should have. For a first attempt at this contest you did a fairly fantastic job at getting the songs ordered up, and I think that there were only a couple rough transitions, but nothing really all that off putting, and for the rest of it, the flow seemed just fine. If you wanna go ahead and mess with the tracklistings, that might be a good idea, but I dont feel it would be the end of the world if you didn't. I wish I could give you more helpful advice, but, as demonstrated earlier. I'm not so good with the transitions myself.

Song selection: A
Flow: B
Overall: It's an A in my book

Ok GAF, overall this has been my favorite list. I'm sure that's because you used a lot of my absolute favorite songs. But that also means I didn't really look at it with as critical an eye as I might possibly should have. For a first attempt at this contest you did a fairly fantastic job at getting the songs ordered up, and I think that there were only a couple rough transitions, but nothing really all that off putting, and for the rest of it, the flow seemed just fine. If you wanna go ahead and mess with the tracklistings, that might be a good idea, but I dont feel it would be the end of the world if you didn't. I wish I could give you more helpful advice, but, as demonstrated earlier. I'm not so good with the transitions myself.

Song selection: A
Flow: B
Overall: It's an A in my book

Wowzers. Thankyou thankyou thankyou so much. I'm really happy that you liked it.

:hi5:

I have no problem with you being biased! :wink:

It was the Tom Petty song that did it wasn't it? Or was it the Cat Stevens?

All right GAF, it's been fun, but I am quite tired. I'll talk to you tomorrow maybe, if I'm not too busy playing my new PSP :hyper:

Ok, so LM i'm well into your second set now. I think I do prefer the first one, but the sequencing here is flawless and I like the songs...300 MPH, #9 Dream, and the Modest Mouse track being the standouts so far on this set.

Glad you enjoyed my list, GAF. The Waterboys track is the best song Springsteen never wrote, I think. That and the Arcade Fire track make up for the lack of Bruce this time around.

AB, thought you would enjoy the 3rd section a lot, so that's good. Hah, it doesn't rock as hard as your list (at first glance) or El-Mel's... maybe mine will next time around. I'm gonna finish Tourist's today and then get into yours when I do some homework. I have the feeling I'll throw my Stats book at the wall in disgust and let out a big "UNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH" in your honor.

Ash, I'll do yours afterward, and then Khan's.

I fucking love this thread, btw.

I have to listen to every single list except LM's. Speaking of which, I still need all of LMP's links, which mysteriously stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom