The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 2 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. I'm glad that you are at least gettin some enjoyment out of it. :up:

Because that's what this is all about, right? Having fun!

that Okkervil River song was awesome! I've never heard anything by them before, but they played near my school once I believe. Kinda weird into G&R, but it sorta works too.

I loved the third part of LMP's list up through Dirty Boots... REM and Roy were aight. Adam Sandler song is hilarious, but a bit long. i can't decide how I feel about it :lol:

Yeah, I didn't know what to think of it either haha.

Ok, I'm done with LMP's list. By the way, I was gonna use Eclipse as my closer but changed it at the last minute.

Overall, I definitely had fun listening to it and I heard a few songs that I never knew before and really enjoyed. I think I liked the 3rd section the most.

This was my first DI list I ever listened to so I don't really know how to grade/judge it. But I'll give it the thumbs up...:up:

that Okkervil River song was awesome! I've never heard anything by them before, but they played near my school once I believe. Kinda weird into G&R, but it sorta works too.

Yeah, I think I might need some help with some of the transitions and what-not. I didn't have a f'ng clue what I was doing.

Yeah, I didn't know what to think of it either haha.

Ok, I'm done with LMP's list. By the way, I was gonna use Eclipse as my closer but changed it at the last minute.

Overall, I definitely had fun listening to it and I heard a few songs that I never knew before and really enjoyed. I think I liked the 3rd section the most.

This was my first DI list I ever listened to so I don't really know how to grade/judge it. But I'll give it the thumbs up...:up:

there's no way to really grade/judge it. In the end it's just, did you like it? Did you appreciate the effort? Was the effort there? Did you like it?

Generally I grade the flow, and the actual songs. Then I average them. I do the letter-grade scale.

Hey, B212, what do you think would be a good picture for my playlist cover art? I've been racking my brain and I can't think of anything.

Knowing myself, though, it will probably end up just being a picture of a really hot girl.

Hey, B212, what do you think would be a good picture for my playlist cover art? I've been racking my brain and I can't think of anything.

Knowing myself, though, it will probably end up just being a picture of a really hot girl.

I'm not sure. I suck pretty hard core at naming the lists and coming up with cover art. In fact, the Retro Island list was the first one I went ahead and did it with. As it is this is the first time I attempted two separate discs rather than just a playlist. I think something cool though would be cars speeding down Lake Shore Drive at night :wink:

I'm not sure. I suck pretty hard core at naming the lists and coming up with cover art. In fact, the Retro Island list was the first one I went ahead and did it with. As it is this is the first time I attempted two separate discs rather than just a playlist. I think something cool though would be cars speeding down Lake Shore Drive at night :wink:

That is a good idea, actually.

........in Sexy Boots?

Your title should be:

"These Sexy Boots Are Made For Winning Desert Island V"

:lol:

Oh, I'd heard it before. I do like it, though. And also I like Tokyo Police Club quite a bit.

:up:

:lmao:

I like how NOT serious the cover art has become

I'm a fan of DI not taking itself too seriously.

my cover art was made in 2 seconds with Photobooth :wink:

so far I don't like LMPs fourth bit as much, but it's still pretty good. Love the Arcade Fire, of course.

If I don't find something serious to do with my cover art, Bowie Playing with his balls is the cover of the first list, and those easter bunnies are disc 2

I love artwork for these things.

the-tourist-albums-desert-island-v-artwork-picture501-love.jpg

the-tourist-albums-desert-island-v-artwork-picture499-sleep-loss.jpg

the-tourist-albums-desert-island-v-artwork-picture500-murder.jpg

And I'm taking this moment to say I really don't like the song by The Number Twelve Looks Like You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom