The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 2 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH, I hit refresh accidentally while I was typing my reply :madspit:

As I was saying:

I finished the first list, and overall, I liked it. It was consistant in its awesomeness, and there were only a few tracks that I really didn't care for. My biggest complaint would probably be that that Television track just dragged on and on, but that's just my personal aversion to overly long songs.

Gonna have a brief break, and then crank up the second list.

Cool. I know a TON of people love that Television track, but figured someone eventually wouldn't care for it. :lol:

I hope you like the second disc even more. It doesn't rock, but it goes down smooth. :wink:

LM, I'm gonna PM you my list. I don't know if you're doing any listening at this stage but I would be intrigued to hear your feedback. You know your shit.

Cool. I know a TON of people love that Television track, but figured someone eventually wouldn't care for it. :lol:

I hope you like the second disc even more. It doesn't rock, but it goes down smooth. :wink:

Make It Wit Chu might've fit, if you catch my meaning. :wink:

LM, I'm gonna PM you my list. I don't know if you're doing any listening at this stage but I would be intrigued to hear your feedback. You know your shit.

Oh yeah, definitely send it over. It's getting late, so I won't be starting on any lists tonight, but know that I've been looking forward to yours. :up:

I'm about to head to bed, so I hope you're not planning on hitting my list up tonight GAF, I wanna be here when you do, but you don't HAVE to wait for me :wink:

Oh yeah, definitely send it over. It's getting late, so I won't be starting on any lists tonight, but know that I've been looking forward to yours. :up:

Cool.

And Tourist, I'm onto a song called Wake Up Dead Man by some band called U2.

It sounds like a pretty good song so far...the lead singer said a curse word!

Cool.

And Tourist, I'm onto a song called Wake Up Dead Man by some band called U2.

It sounds like a pretty good song so far...the lead singer said a curse word!

What a fucking fucker. It's a fucked up world man. Fucked up.

I really liked your concept, so I probably will.

I'm liking the first track, anyway :up:

It's definitely not a fun concept, but an interesting one that I hope you find works well with the music. It's pretty heavily inspired by Michel Gondry films like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Science of Sleep.

They weren't, back in 03. Do you still not think they're good?

I really shouldn't be so quick to judge them because all I've been exposed to by them is that opening live set, one song that they had on radio recently, and this song on your list.

I liked the one that was on radio but I forget what it was called.

omfg this White Stripes song just got scary loud. That was unexpected.

The playlist is really good so far and has flowed awesomely :up:

Yeah, I thought the same when I heard that song for the first time. You never quite get used to it. :yikes: :rockon: :yikes:

Flow is what I'm mainly concerned about for a list of this type, so I'm glad you like it so far.

You gotta have some balls to name your band The Music.

And you know what? I've always kinda liked 'em.

(So far) I like how this changes from heavier, darker songs, to ones that have a sort of light and airy feel. You can almost picture the person tossing and turning in bed, going from nightmares to more pleasant dreams.

(So far) I like how this changes from heavier, darker songs, to ones that have a sort of light and airy feel. You can almost picture the person tossing and turning in bed, going from nightmares to more pleasant dreams.

:yes: I'm glad you pointed that out. A perfect example of this is the White Stripes song, which itself jumps from soft to loud. It's kind of the centerpiece, though I put it in the fourth slot.

Why? Music is broader than Band.
But The Band has more potential for amusing confusion.

"Who's this song by?"
"The Band."
"Which band?"
"The Band!"

Rather than:

"Who's this song by?"
"The Music."
"Huh?" :huh:

Also! Deflecting Grey! This song just did amazing things. What was that: sitar into electric guitar into guitar with fuzzbox?

Alrighty, Tourist, I'm done with your list. Really well done. Smooth, very smooth transitions between songs. The songs also seemed to fit your concept (which was cool by the way) really nicely. There were a fair amount of songs that aren't exactly up my alley, but they fit in the list and I enjoyed 'em.

Thumbs up from me :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom