The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that's because the title isn't exactly in the song. U2 could take a lesson from that.

I know, I always say I'd like to hear the titles NOT appear in the songs, and then when that happens, I can't remember the name of the songs! lol.

Is there any particular reason I recognized the lead singer of the Jam's voice?

I know, I always say I'd like to hear the titles NOT appear in the songs, and then when that happens, I can't remember the name of the songs! lol.

Is there any particular reason I recognized the lead singer of the Jam's voice?

Paul Weller, hmm, I don't know.

Probably not then, must've just sounded familiar. I like the mood of this section of this list, plus, I love Bookends, so that's a major win.

Killer ending as well there.

Well LMP, you have compiled quite a list yet again. There's a lot of variety in there which is great, and it's not just variety in the rock genre like most people are apt to do, but you branch out to funk/electronic/rap as well, and I think that works out well. Aside from the slightly shady transitions at the beginning the flow was great through, with a few stand out transitions as well. The song selection was great for the most part, though I could've done without ever hearing Clint Eastwood in my life again. The only point in time where I didn't even really pay a lot of attention was the 3rd section, but if you know much about my musical taste, that's pretty much to be expected. It all paid off with that last section though, which was quite melodic, and led up to the ending, which pretty much owned.

A or A- can't decide :p

Killer ending as well there.

Well LMP, you have compiled quite a list yet again. There's a lot of variety in there which is great, and it's not just variety in the rock genre like most people are apt to do, but you branch out to funk/electronic/rap as well, and I think that works out well. Aside from the slightly shady transitions at the beginning the flow was great through, with a few stand out transitions as well. The song selection was great for the most part, though I could've done without ever hearing Clint Eastwood in my life again. The only point in time where I didn't even really pay a lot of attention was the 3rd section, but if you know much about my musical taste, that's pretty much to be expected. It all paid off with that last section though, which was quite melodic, and led up to the ending, which pretty much owned.

A or A- can't decide :p

I'd go with the A there, but... ;)

Hey, even if you enjoyed one song in my list than I did something right. Thanks for listening, and expect a more thorough diary when I do yours though. Heh.

I'd go with the A there, but... ;)

Hey, even if you enjoyed one song in my list than I did something right. Thanks for listening, and expect a more thorough diary when I do yours though. Heh.

You can't blame me for the fact that I was following 2/3 threads at once there for a while, my head was beginnging to numb. But also, I'm self-admittedly bad at this :p

You can't blame me for the fact that I was following 2/3 threads at once there for a while, my head was beginnging to numb. But also, I'm self-admittedly bad at this :p

True, I didn't do the same thing here either... :rolleyes::hug::rolleyes:

I'm starting work on my list right now.

I honestly have no idea what direction I want to go in. But I'm going to enjoy figuring it out.

Sweet. I expect to hear only the finest GirlsAloud song, good sir.

Unfortunately, there is little to no chance that Girls Aloud will appear on my DI playlist.

As we speak I fear he is stealing the core of my "Girl Power" playlist :sad:

Haha are you actually doing a "Girl Power" playlist or am I missing some sort of joke here? Because that actually is a great idea. A playlist of only female artists? Kick ass.

That's not what I'm gonna go for, though. I have a different ace up my sleeve.

Unfortunately, there is little to no chance that Girls Aloud will appear on my DI playlist.

Haha are you actually doing a "Girl Power" playlist or am I missing some sort of joke here? Because that actually is a great idea. A playlist of only female artists? Kick ass.

Twas a joke my friend. I make it no secret that I don't care much for female vocals :uhoh:

Cool, I'm eager to hear it.

Twas a joke my friend. I make it no secret that I don't care much for female vocals :uhoh:

You lack creativity.

I thought so.

Because, honestly, I don't think I could see you making a two hour playlist without a Bruce song on there.

:wink:

Bruce almost got left off of my list just because I was pissed off at him for making Devils and Dust impossible to transition out of. But then I forgave him and picked a different song :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom