The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, definitely. In the end, I just like listening to music I like and finding some new stuff. If the poster's put some thought into it, then that's awesome, but it's not the sole determining factor. The focus on flow n' shit only came out of the fact that the same people, such as myself, needed to find new ways to keep being competitive and heighten the mixtape factor of the whole affair.

Gotta say, I am glad it's not always about subjective taste. Otherwise, no one would have to put in any more effort than the amount it takes to come up with 2 discs of songs they like.

No. It's going to go

1. Current DI5 list
2. Fake List
3. This new list
4. The Funk (which I posted in COBL_04's dance thread)

:hmm: I don't associate Funk with you as much as I do LMP, so that should be interesting...though I haven't looked at this list yet.

Gotta say, I am glad it's not always about subjective taste. Otherwise, no one would have to put in any more effort than the amount it takes to come up with 2 discs of songs they like.

Me too, but it has to a certain extent. The concept thing takes it a bit too far, I think. When it's done well, then it's cool, but if it sucks, it's pretentious as shit and pretty annoying. The pros don't outweigh the cons there, in my opinion.

:hmm: I don't associate Funk with you as much as I do LMP, so that should be interesting...though I haven't looked at this list yet.

He's got a better taste in other realms of dance and electronica, with dashes of The Funk... I just operate in the latter category, mostly.

You should go look at it. Honestly, it contains the spirit of The Funk more than the sounds of it. One Nation Under A Groove and all that.

He's got a better taste in other realms of dance and electronica, with dashes of The Funk... I just operate in the latter category, mostly.

Will if his list is any indication, I live in none of those realms, I knew not one of the songs on the list :lol:

Me too, but it has to a certain extent. The concept thing takes it a bit too far, I think. When it's done well, then it's cool, but if it sucks, it's pretentious as shit and pretty annoying. The pros don't outweigh the cons there, in my opinion.

Haha, after DI4, I will forever be guilty of pretentiousness. Perhaps the list would have done better without the concept? I dunno. Just remind me to not write any novels for the lists I make like Namkcur does.

He really milked the Funk and drank its tasty produce to make that list.

Haha, after DI4, I will forever be guilty of pretentiousness. Perhaps the list would have done better without the concept? I dunno. Just remind me to not write any novels for the lists I make like Namkcur does.

To tell the truth, I didn't even read the concept all of the way through and still enjoyed it. Let the music speak for itself is my philosophy. Write novels while including songs everyone has heard before a million times on the radio. Again, I'm not one to talk about musical familiarity, but trying to give it "deeper meaning" like that is dumb, I think.

I'd only go as far as to say the mindset I was in when assembling the list, but that's about it.

I would be kidding myself if I tried to pretend like there was a concept to my lists. I consider myself lucky if I can get the flow right, mostly I just concern myself with whether I like the songs on the list or not.

He really milked the Funk and drank its tasty produce to make that list.

Hey, if Rick Wakeman could do it...

To tell the truth, I didn't even read the concept all of the way through and still enjoyed it. Let the music speak for itself is my philosophy. Write novels while including songs everyone has heard before a million times on the radio. Again, I'm not one to talk about musical familiarity, but trying to give it "deeper meaning" like that is dumb, I think.

I'd only go as far as to say the mindset I was in when assembling the list, but that's about it.

"Every Breath You Take describes the obsession within all of us, while Strawberry Fields Forever casts these dark obsessions in the light of childish naivety. You Give Love A Bad Name is all of the above, with a chorus that shoots the listener right in the heart.

What Radiohead survivor?"

I would be kidding myself if I tried to pretend like there was a concept to my lists. I consider myself lucky if I can get the flow right, mostly I just concern myself with whether I like the songs on the list or not.

I don't bother anymore either. Unless, of course, the concept is entirely facetious like the Fake List's.

The short story I wrote for that will go down in interference lore, I assure you.

There was a time when I wouldn't have understood this quote. Sadly that day has passed good sir.

So did you like it or was it just too weird for you to fully comprehend at this point? I'll admit, it took me a few viewings to fanatically love it.

So did you like it or was it just too weird for you to fully comprehend at this point. I'll admit, it took me a few viewings to fanatically love it.

The same thing happened with my mother. At first, she was genuinely disturbed by it, but now, whenever I call my dog in with the promise of Baileys, she can't help but laugh.

So did you like it or was it just too weird for you to fully comprehend at this point? I'll admit, it took me a few viewings to fanatically love it.

Oh no, I laughed heartily throughout. I hope there wasn't supposed to be some deeper meaning as you seem to be implying :uhoh:

Oh no, I laughed heartily throughout. I hope there wasn't supposed to be some deeper meaning as you seem to be implying :uhoh:

Oh not at all, I just thought you didn't like it when you first saw it by the way you were talking about it. Glad you enjoyed Old Greggory.

Ol' Gregg gets a lot of love around these parts, but Mighty Boosh does have other great stuff.

Milky Joe, anyone?

I got it LMP, I'll listen tomorrow or the next time you're about.

I uploaded the first disc to mF thinking that I was almost done with the second disc, and then suddenly things with it went to hell. I *think* I might have it now, but I'm going to give its going to need a listen through, and probably a few more tweaks

God, I'm listening to this, and somehow I completely destroyed this playlist. I mean...I'm not even enjoying it, and this one has most of my favorite songs on it. But the fact that it's not flowing at all is bothering me a great deal.

God, I'm listening to this, and somehow I completely destroyed this playlist. I mean...I'm not even enjoying it, and this one has most of my favorite songs on it. But the fact that it's not flowing at all is bothering me a great deal.

Did shutting off the crossfade do this?

It wasn't just that but also that this second disc in the beginning had a mood to it, and now with all the shuffles, deletions, etc. it feels gone. But as the list is going on it feels much better. I'm worried about the ending though.

10 pages in and we haven't even begun DI5. :lol:

You guys are addicted big time.

To be fair, for me, listening to an LMP list is very much akin to running through my MP3 player (but with better flow). They always have a large chunk of my favorite songs, and a few I forgot about. Simply put, it's not the challenge that running through others' lists can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom